shape
carat
color
clarity

New emerald from Yvonne

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
A73B7E21-C8ED-46D1-88C0-60D93A69601C.jpeg 9AFB8CCC-F497-46AF-8F89-68E5C0AA278C.jpeg 6B597976-22B1-4234-9E9C-1187697C2360.jpeg Hi everyone,

I’ll give more background on this story later, but very long story short.... I contacted Yvonne and had her help me find my dream emerald. She nailed it! This is the trickiest devil to photograph, and it has strong UV fluorescence, it glows red (kicking myself for not photographing that, it’s obviously not Mahenge spinel red, lol, but still quite strong). This is Chivor material... the most beautiful green with a hint of blue that I’ve seen, then again it captured my heart the first time I saw it (in a photograph). We are creating a ring, and I’ll be sure to post those results too. This will be picture heavy. :mrgreen2:. She has more for those interested :twisted2:

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for all the photos... all taken from my iPhone in different lighting. It was 1.5 cts, and I did not write the measurements down in my excitement... I want to say 6.7x6.5? But I can’t be sure. Brain fart.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who doesn’t love a pic heavy thread? Especially when those pics are of a gorgeously glowing green emerald. :cool2: :love: I love it and I can’t wait to see what you do with it. Any ideas yet? What are that emeralds stats? Looks to be pretty sizable. :mrgreen2:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! What are your plans for the ring?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!
No such thing as too many pics!
Love to hear your setting plans.

voce

Ideal_Rock
:love::love::love::love::love: Wow, what a dream emerald! Do you mind sharing the size and ct weight? So looking forward to seeing how you'll set this one! :cool2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone sunshinelab! I’ll be following to see how you set her!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at it glow! :love:

mpc

Rough_Rock
Beautiful stone!! More details and pictures please!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dream come true right there!!! The color is perfect

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a goregoeus colour. And such an incredible glow. I love it! =)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Wow @Sunshinelab that’s a beauty and a very substantial size. All the photos are beautiful. The 3rd and 4th fotos on your second post momentarily took my breath away.

I also think the Chivor material is very special. Colombian emeralds are known for their blue notes and many Chivor emeralds can have even more of that blue

Congrats! Looking forward to more photos (yes more please) and your setting ideas

(Edited to correct a typo)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh I saw the batch of emeralds when I was buying my paraiba from her! This one was one of my favorites of the bunch. The color is outstanding and it's a great size. So thrilled to get to see pics of it in sunlight!

My picture is far, far worse than yours and does not capture the glow at all but I think it's this one on the right:

IMG_4555.jpg

I can't wait to see what you do with it! It's going to create something beautiful.

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! I’ll reply and work my way through. Today has been wacky! My kids got back from two weeks with the grandparents =)2

It is an amazing stone!

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
oooh I saw the batch of emeralds when I was buying my paraiba from her! This one was one of my favorites of the bunch. The color is outstanding and it's a great size. So thrilled to get to see pics of it in sunlight!

My picture is far, far worse than yours and does not capture the glow at all but I think it's this one on the right:

IMG_4555.jpg

I can't wait to see what you do with it! It's going to create something beautiful.

Thank you so much!!!! It sure is the one on the right... as soon as I saw the very first photo I was in love! The color is amazing! I’m so glad you were able to see them! I can’t imagine what the one on the left looks like in real life!

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
Who doesn’t love a pic heavy thread? Especially when those pics are of a gorgeously glowing green emerald. :cool2: :love: I love it and I can’t wait to see what you do with it. Any ideas yet? What are that emeralds stats? Looks to be pretty sizable. :mrgreen2:

Thank you. I’m working on the setting... . I have some ideas, it’s going in rose gold.

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
I’m working on the setting, but I want to showcase the whole stone, because of the color. I can’t get the smiley faces to work.... I’m technologically challenged. I want to thank you all and hope I didn’t miss anyone... forgive me if I did .

:love::love::love::love::love: Wow, what a dream emerald! Do you mind sharing the size and ct weight? So looking forward to seeing how you'll set this one! :cool2:

Thank you! I didn’t write the size down... how crazy is that. I believe it was about 6.7mm x 6.5 mm. I was so mesmerized by it I forgot.

Beautiful!
No such thing as too many pics!
Love to hear your setting plans.

Thank you.

Gorgeous! What are your plans for the ring?

Thank you.

Beautiful stone sunshinelab! I’ll be following to see how you set her!
Thank you

Beautiful stone!! More details and pictures please!!
Thank you.

Dream come true right there!!! The color is perfect
Thank you

What a goregoeus colour. And such an incredible glow. I love it! =)

I can’t believe the glow too.
Wow @Sunshinelab that’s a beauty and a very substantial size. All the photos are beautiful. The 3rd and 4th fotos on your second post momentarily took my breath away.

I also think the Chivor material is very special. Colombian emeralds are known for their blue notes and many Chivor emeralds can have even more of that blue

Congrats! Looking forward to more photos (yes more please) and your setting ideas

(Edited to correct a typo)
Thank you, that means so much especially after you have been able to see so many and travel to Colombia (which is a dream of mine one day).

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful emerald! Can’t wait to see it in its new setting.

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful emerald! Can’t wait to see it in its new setting.

Thank you so much! I believe I’m going with Edwardian scooped design, but I think we are going to modify it a tiny bit so I can see more of the whole stone in the profile... I also love the Georgiana setting too, but I want engraving and this time I don’t want side stones (I know how crazy that sounds). This emerald has an amazing profile and the body is a highlight since it has a deeper cut. So I want to play that up, plus the color. :mrgreen2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A73B7E21-C8ED-46D1-88C0-60D93A69601C.jpeg 9AFB8CCC-F497-46AF-8F89-68E5C0AA278C.jpeg 6B597976-22B1-4234-9E9C-1187697C2360.jpeg Hi everyone,

I’ll give more background on this story later, but very long story short.... I contacted Yvonne and had her help me find my dream emerald. She nailed it! This is the trickiest devil to photograph, and it has strong UV fluorescence, it glows red (kicking myself for not photographing that, it’s obviously not Mahenge spinel red, lol, but still quite strong). This is Chivor material... the most beautiful green with a hint of blue that I’ve seen, then again it captured my heart the first time I saw it (in a photograph). We are creating a ring, and I’ll be sure to post those results too. This will be picture heavy. :mrgreen2:. She has more for those interested :twisted2:
Fabulous emerald from Chivor! The color is breathtaking:love:
Finally....someone who knows what mine their emerald is from! Knowing that detail is very important, in my opinion.
My two emeralds are from the Coscuez mine, one of the Muzo mines.

Last edited:

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous emerald from Chivor! The color is breathtaking:love:
Finally....someone who knows what mine their emerald is from! Knowing that detail is very important, in my opinion.
My two emeralds are from the Coscuez mine, one of the Muzo mines.
It’s amazing how the color varies depending on the location... I’d be interested to see a whole bunch from all the locations of the world together... I think it would be amazing, and to see any subtle differences (which I’m sure others have done... but to see it with my eyes.. amazing). Especially knowing the geologic features of the areas and how they formed... :mrgreen2:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice stone, can’t wait to see what you do with it. The Chivor stones look great in all lighting!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow the glow! Pls share lots of pics when you complete your project/setting. :kiss2:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely green glow it shows in sime pucs. Sounds like thoughtful consideration of stone qualities for setting. I, too, look forward to ring designs and outcome. Enjoy in health and beauty :~)

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, The setting is finished!!!! Yvonne did an amazing job! I’m so excited, because the engraving is beyond gorgeous! I have a few pictures before the emerald is set. I am thrilled with this project! It’s probably not coming off of my finger once I get it!

Attachments

• 3CC76AFB-FBF7-4167-B5D7-415460B9CC16.jpeg
    3CC76AFB-FBF7-4167-B5D7-415460B9CC16.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 46A7BD01-11CE-414D-A14C-DE8FEDC39DA9.jpeg
    46A7BD01-11CE-414D-A14C-DE8FEDC39DA9.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 37
  • E37BEB38-6E5F-4254-A412-4CB937BD228E.jpeg
    E37BEB38-6E5F-4254-A412-4CB937BD228E.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 29

voce

Ideal_Rock
The setting is quite lovely! I love the engraving on the sides. Can't wait to see the emerald set in it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results