shape
carat
color
clarity

new earrings - vendor's pictures

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red spinel from Tan, pink spinel from Gemfix. Earrings in 18-ct gold from Jill Anish. Recently I got interested in ancient Greek and Byzantine jewelry. Jill has worked with me for a long time because I was quite peculiar as to what I wanted. I have not received them yet.

spinear111.jpg

spinearr222.jpg

spinearr333.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really really lovely!!!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
crasru ~

Soooo stunning! :love: :love: :love:

The richness of the colors together with that buttery gold.., so sensuous. Wow! I cannot wait to see more pics when they're home. Oh, and pretty please get shots of these beauties adorning your ears?

~ faegrace

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I love the color combination with the yellow gold.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :love: :naughty: :love: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny - great, coming from you! Thank you!

Faegrace - I agree, I love red and gold! I am not necessarily the best photographer in the world, but I shall try to take photos of the spinels and them earrings adorning my huge ears!

Bluebirrd - thank you for your kind words! For "many years to come"!

Bright Ice - thank you! Wish you to find your spinel!

Lavatea - thank you, you are always kind and sweet!

Marcy - thank you, thank you!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I love these - the stone colour contrast is just gorgeous! On-ear shots would be brilliant once you have them, please :)

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Really very beautiful. Honestly one of my favorite jewelry pieces since I've been on PS. Great job!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Your jewelry is always bold and stunning!!!
I admire that !!!
Those earrings are gorgeous, can't wait to see MORE !!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really pretty dangle earrings; I like the touch of Greek to them.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
SMASHING, Crasru! Love the ancient look & the stones are perfect with the gold. Those are heirlooms. Will you put me in your will?
Impatiently awaiting ear photos!!!

--- Laurie

T

talamasca

Ooo lovely

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love those...is Jill on Etsy?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings. Jill did an amazing job. Do we get an ear shot??? :halo:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natsplat - I am waiting till they arrive

Tristan C - thank you!

ooo~Shiney! Thank you! I, too, can't wait to see more red spinels with gold, but it costs money! :D

Chrono - thank you! You know how much I admire your taste, your opinion and your advices.

JewelFreak - I'd be happy to do it, but you know, how it works... I need to know your full name, date of birth, SSN, two identifications, phone, e-mail, address... you know. Then of course, of course, you'll get them!

Talamasca - thank you very much.

Sarahbear621 - thank you. You know how I love some pieces of your jewelry. Yes, Jill has a store, Janish Jewels, on Etsy. She is very nice to work with, patient with projects and sketches, but once everything is in place, she works fast.

TL - it was difficult because the spinels were on the dark side and I did not want too much gold around, not to obscure them. We did not care about the upper part as well. It does not matter whether they are fully bezeled or not because the earlobe is behind them. But I needed the light to shine through the lower spinels because... you know. And as you have mentioned, the prices of pink spinels have gone up, everywhere, except for maybe GemSelect. But I wanted well-cut stones in 18-ct gold, so I went with Gemfix.

Well, I always wanted to have dangles and was surprised that some jewelers did not make custom earrings. I do not know whether they are not ordered that often or technically difficult to make, but it was the case.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Gorgeous! Want some of those !!!!(I need to make more money!!)

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spend alot of time in the Med and so am often surrounded by Byzantine influences and you've really captured the essence of that period with your earrings. They're lovely and the combination of colours works really well. Enjoy wearing them.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Lovely earrings!!! The byzantine gold design works really well with the color of the stones. I really hope you enjoy wearing them!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian - thank you! I love your jewelry!
LD - I got in love with Greek jewelry when I visited Benaki Museum. Now I suppose I am "hooked". But I understand about the Met. I do not remember the jewelry there but I recently saw reproductions.
Uppy - thank you! You mentioned your new project; don't know when you post pictures but I am waiting for it.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I really love those earrings!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! I really like them, and I love the high carat gold.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGosh, those are lovely! Would love to see some ear shots when you get them!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W :love: W! Your earrings are absolutely stunning! Such a unique design and the colors with the yellow gold, mmm mmm Good! :love:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are spectacular!
Can't wait to see the ear shots.
I bet they will look devine!!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
San Diego Lady - thank you!

Clio - thank you!

Tyty333 - thank you!

Indy Lady - gold is rich, isn't it? Thank you!

Zestfully Bling - thank you!

SuzyQZ - thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are beautiful! (Maybe have her reset the emeralds????) I'd love to have a pair of studs made with the rope bezel!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker - she is Janish Jewels on Etsy. Resetting the emeralds could be an idea... Although I do not know if I shall wear emeralds even after resetting... But it is an idea. Open rope bezel, and maybe dangling from some upper stones. (Diamonds? My diamond studs are small but can be upgraded). Or some light blue stones. Because just bezeled studs would be technically closed (by the ear behind them).

BTW - I should express my thanks to Chrono for her many posts on setting stones. Her explanations about closed and open bezels helped me understand the importance of letting the light flow through a stone. Michael E once provided a very good analogy with a "curtain" but his post was one and Chrono had many. She has great jewelry and is very methodical in setting her stones, and I can never achieve her level of talent, but the relationship between light and stone is very important, and I got a lot from her explanations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results