shape
carat
color
clarity

New DK CAD - Cushion Solitaire With Pave

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
Hello again everyone,

My SO and I made the decision to start over from scratch with her ER design, a simple solitaire with bright cut pave down 3/4 of the shank similar to these two designs, sans the diamonds on the struts of the second photo:

We just received our first round of CADs, the shank is 1.8mm's wide, the center stone just over 5mm's off the finger, he did mention the pave is not added to the CAD yet, but he will add it in the future. Is this an adequate "low" height or is it too high? I'm not too familiar with how much to add/subtract to let the stone sit low on her hand.

Thanks again! Sorry to be such a pain with all my threads recently :wall:

img_13134.jpg

surprise_sapphire.jpg

35589.jpg

screen_shot_2016-10-21_at_6.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I notice the cads are still not showing a square stone.

Don't feel bad about changing things you want to get it right.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you ok with a gap (looks like it will be small) between your ering and wedding band? If not you'll need to move the struts more on
top of the shank and less on the side of the shank. If you dont mind the small gap...then it looks fine.

Edit
Nevery mind...just realized you want to put an emerald in the bottom of the basket so you are probably ok with the gap.

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1478986097|4097562 said:
Are you ok with a gap (looks like it will be small) between your ering and wedding band? If not you'll need to move the struts more on
top of the shank and less on the side of the shank. If you dont mind the small gap...then it looks fine.

Edit
Nevery mind...just realized you want to put an emerald in the bottom of the basket so you are probably ok with the gap.

Thank you tyty333 and Niel, I actually posted these CADs a while ago, here are the final ones I got from DK and approved:

The image says two tone but it is not, just a reminder for him to add pave on the basket. Not sure when I'll receive the ring, I'll try to come back with photos.

screen_shot_2016-11-12_at_8.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo glad you got a doughnut added at the base of the prongs. That is dangerous that the CADs have two tone written on them. Because sometimes the bench doesn't get the message that there is an error on them. For future reference, never approve a final CAD unless it is exactly right. In any event, they'd have to do it over since you likely have that in writing in your communication with them.

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1479139968|4098202 said:
Sooo glad you got a doughnut added at the base of the prongs. That is dangerous that the CADs have two tone written on them. Because sometimes the bench doesn't get the message that there is an error on them. For future reference, never approve a final CAD unless it is exactly right. In any event, they'd have to do it over since you likely have that in writing in your communication with them.

Thank you for your insight diamondseeker2006, I will keep in mind the CAD suggestions for her wedding band, I do have confirmation from DK in my emails that the entire setting would be palladium and not two tone, so hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here on out. This has been quite an adventure to say the least. I'm just hoping she will love it to pieces.

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick update on the setting DK made for us. It's finally finished and I couldn't have asked for it to be anymore perfect. Here's some photos Amy sent:

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and gave me advice on the CADs, especially Niel, DS2006, and tyty333!

img_14049.jpg

img_14050.jpg

img_14051.jpg

img_14052.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it's beautiful!

The engraving is divine

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result! David did a great job. The ring looks perfect from every angle.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Executed beautifully!!! I love extra details of the engraving and the surprise stone! :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It turned out beautiful! I love the engraving you had done on the bottom!

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring

BAS2348

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I am still in awe of how beautiful the ring is, the engraving was a last minute detail I added because it felt odd to keep the back of the ring plain. We will definitely be in contact with David again for her wedding band. Both Amy and David were a pleasure to work with via email and phone. I am very thankful to this forum for suggesting his work! I haven't decided on a date for the proposal yet, but I promise to return with hand shots.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results