shape
carat
color
clarity

New Discovery on my Ametrine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
So I was just admiring my Ametrine in the lovely spring sun we had for a few days and noticed something interesting

015-1.jpg

IDK if you''ll be able to see but there is a distinct seperation. Yellow, clear, Yellow. It doesn''t change the color or symmetry at all when viewed from above though

I''m not too hip to the technical jargon of the gem world, so if anyone could clue me in on what or if there is a "gem-world" word for it that''d be great :D Thanks

018-1.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi! Interesting photo but I wouldn''t call it an ametrine. Ametrine is quartz which shows both purple (amethyst) and golden yellow (citrine). Your stone seems to be, from the photo, moreof an olive green without distinct colours.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
looks to be oro verde quartz

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
The distinct division of colors is called banding or zoning. Very common in quartz. Seen alot in sapphire as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 9:36:56 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Hi! Interesting photo but I wouldn''t call it an ametrine. Ametrine is quartz which shows both purple (amethyst) and golden yellow (citrine). Your stone seems to be, from the photo, moreof an olive green without distinct colours.
Ditto that.
34.gif

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 9:36:56 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Good to know! Thanks
21.gif

it''s a pretty stone and actually does have pretty distinct colors just my photos don''t do that parts justice

gems015.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 9:12:06 AM
Author: Revolution
The distinct division of colors is called banding or zoning. Very common in quartz. Seen alot in sapphire as well.
Thank you! I love learning new things :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results