shape
carat
color
clarity

New Diamond Shopper needing help!

diamondshopping11

Rough_Rock
I am just beginning my search for an engagement ring and need some suggestions/help on where to shop and what to look for with diamonds. I've done some basic research and think that I want to go with an Ideal/Excellent cut, then somewhere between a G-I color with a budget of $3,000-$5,000. I'm not really sure about much else or if what I think I want to do is even the best option. I could really use some advice and suggestions of things that fit within my budget.

Thanks!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
shape? carat size? clarity?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
budget is just for the diamond or with setting?

diamondshopping11

Rough_Rock
budget is just for the diamond and I know she wants a circle circle cut

slg47

Ideal_Rock
3000-5000 is a big range. what would you like to spend on the diamond?

do you know what type of setting she likes?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really think you need to do a bit more reading and narrow down what you're looking for so that we can usefully help you - at least to answer slg's questions. Start with the first tutorial "Diamond Guide" under the Knowledge tab at the top of the page below the sponsor advertisement. By circle cut do you mean round shaped?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Regular Guy|1312985949|2987888 said:
I don't know...might give the guy a break. The circle circle could mean OK, OK.

Good suggestions made based on search by cut engine here, but...

here's another possible sleeper. Ask where the cert is, and do they/can they get reflector image:

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/diamond_detail.php?id=482579&ref=pricescope

Ira Z.

That's a nice find. Good price too. Plus eternity has very affordable settings. http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Violet-Diamond-Solitaire-with-Angled-Band-by-Eternity-%28.05-ctw.%29-147.htm

diamondshopping11

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I have done a little more research from the links you all provided and can give a little more information now on exactly what I am looking for.

Round Shape
Excellent or above Cut
SI1 or above Clarity
J or above Color
.75-1.00 Carat

My price range is that I am willing to go as high as $5,000 on just the diamond.

From what I understand on what I've read as long as I go for a high quality cut and decent clarity I can afford to sacrifice a little on the color. I'm not terribly concerned about the size range and am more interested in getting the best quality I can in cut and clarity within my price range.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondshopping11

Rough_Rock
This is great! I actually was doing some of my own searching on whiteflash after my last post and was looking at your second whiteflash option before I saw your post! Any further thoughts on the pros and cons of that diamond?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondshopping11|1313105038|2988894 said:
This is great! I actually was doing some of my own searching on whiteflash after my last post and was looking at your second whiteflash option before I saw your post! Any further thoughts on the pros and cons of that diamond?

I can't see a single thing I'd consider a "con" - other than spending ~5k on a 6mm piece of rock, I suppose ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results