shape
carat
color
clarity

New Diamond purchase... opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dwwu

Rough_Rock
Hello, thanks for this great site. I purchased a diamond prior to reading all the information on this site and wanted opinions on it. I went from knowing nothing about diamonds to learning about HCA''s, angles, and cut grading in only 2 weeks. My GF loves the diamond but I''m a little worried about the HCA score of 2.7. It looked good in the store but I wondered if there would be a much visual difference between it and a diamond with a HCA score in the 1-2 range.

Round Brilliant
GIA cert
7.69 X 7.77 X 4.79 mm
1.75 Ct
F
VS1
Cut Excellent
Polish EX
Symm Ex
Girdle Thin to Sl Thick
Cutlet None
Fluo None

Table 57%
Depth 62%
Crown 35.5 degrees
15.5%
Pavil 40.8 degrees
43.0%

Price $20000

The crown angle seems on the steep side and affecting the HCA score. I''m not really worried about the numbers or how it looks under a microscope as much as how it looks in real life.
Do you think that there would be much actual difference in how it looks in real life lighting versus if the crown angle was 34.5 or 35.0% which would bring the HCA down to below 2? What do you guys think of the price for this diamond as well? Thanks for your opinions.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
the prices seems to be right in line with comparable stones. dont get too caught up in the numbers.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dwwu,

First, the HCA is in the process of being revised, so your stone would have a score much closer to 2 if that were already in place.

Also, keep in mind that GIA rounds their numbers, so they may not actually be what they appear.

Lastly, the key phrase in your post is, your girlfriend loves it. If it pleases her in all situations, I would stop worrying and enjoy the ring.
2.gif

And no, that''s not a bad price for a B&M.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results