shape
carat
color
clarity

New Diamond Necklace-Recycled from Wedding Set

3girlsmom

Rough_Rock
I wanted to post photos of my necklace, since I did a lot of initial research for the project on this site, and I'm really pleased with the way it came out.
When my marriage ended last year, I found I missed the sparklies on my finger. I had a GIA certified 1 carat E SI1 stone, good cut, and a six stone anniversary band. Each of those stones are .16.
I decided to make a necklace with the stones. I didn't really want to make it into a right-hand ring, since I already have some stacked diamond bands that I like for that hand. For earrings, I had 1 ctw studs, which I wound up replacing with diamond hoops from ID Jewelry, since the studs tended to be invisible in my hair. But that's a post for another day, I suppose.
At any rate, I sourced some more 16 pointers through US Certed Diamonds, and worked with Martin Sheffield to get high quality melee. I decided to make a sliding bail with a bezeled 16 pointer on it for the solitaire. It's a cable chain, with 6 15-16 pointers going up each side, in a DBTY style. I think the chain wound up being very slightly shorter than 16 inches.
Actually, (full disclosure) I purchased one more diamond initially, and had the necklace made at a reputable, local store. So originally there were only 6 diamonds in the chain. BUT, I got it home, and it just looked....a little off-balance. I had specified that the stones be like 1.25 inches apart, and they're closer than that, so it didn't look right to my eye. Back to US Certed Diamonds, who were great to work with. Added those. Still looked a little bottom-heavy. On the third try, I felt it was perfect. We also shortened the chain a bit with each iteration too.
I really like it, even though I can't see it the way you can a ring. I hope you PSers don't find it too formal/dressy for everyday, because I do wear it every day. My life isn't one filled with formal events; I don't see the point in jewelry I would wear only every so often. If you do think it's too much for every day, though, you can tell me. I can take it.
Alright! Photos...I can add more if you're interested.

img_7826.jpg

img_7827.jpg

3girlsmom

Rough_Rock
Oh no! I don't know why the photo came out upside down. Does anyone know how to fix this? Should have previewed!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi 3grlsmom, I can't fix it but I can repost it for you! This happens sometimes for some reason -

It is a gorgeous necklace :love: and I think it is absolutely fine for everyday wear! I believe beautiful jewelry is meant to be worn and enjoyed - It looks perfect on your neck! (which is lovely, btw!)

img_7828.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is a very cool necklace... I see past and future hope here and very good taste.. best of luck in the future and thanks for sharing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous - enjoy!!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Yup I love your necklace. And it certainly can be worn for everyday (and more). Beautiful!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's perfect and should be worn daily. A girl always needs a healthy daily dose of bling.

You look fabulous!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklace! I think it's lovely for daily wear. :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3girlsmom, First of all your necklace is gorgeous!!! I would definately wear this necklace everyday. I wouldn't give it a second thought. I'm with you on feeling that beautiful jewelry is meant to be worn and enjoyed. i rarely go anywhere really fancy and I wear my jewelry all the time. Enjoy your beautiful necklace and welcome to PriceScope. Callie

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning and definitely suitable for everyday wear to my eyes! You have made great design choices with a fabulous end result.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful :love:

I would wear that all of the time without hesitation. It's fabulous!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
lovely....nice!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love it, I would also wear it daily!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! I would wear it every day too!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Repurposing at its very best with a stunning result at the end, love it!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - I can see you're SO excited that you stood on your head!! It's an amazing and very special piece! Enjoy!

azeusa

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful necklace! It certainly deserves to be worn every day!

lottapalooza

Rough_Rock
I fricken LOVE this necklace!! Very Jel xx

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
It is stunningly beautiful! I love it!! I would absolutely wear that beautiful piece everyday :)

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
This is a lovely necklace I would wear it everyday. Enjoy! :D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous necklace! I would wear it everyday. :appl:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! I Love recycled jewels! Congratulations and enjoy wearing your necklace! :appl: :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! It's really beautiful!

I love it and I think it's a very creative use of jewelry from a different phase in your life.

Seriously, wear it every day like you are doing. Rock that bling. You get one life, that's all. Every day should be special!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really beautiful. What a great idea!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I love what you did. Beautiful!

3girlsmom

Rough_Rock
Awww...thanks! I'm really glad the response has been positive.
Actually, now that I've posted something, what I want to do is get a camera that has macro. All I have now is my iphone and other devices for taking pictures. Woefully inadequate for this kind of thing! The stones just look like white blobs in the photos!
Anyway, this site sure is addictive. I've found it really fun to learn more about all of this. I've always been interested in jewelry (especially diamonds), and I always like to read about the stories that go with each special piece, as well as the enthusiasm and enjoyment that accompany each acquisition. Fun!
And...of course, like everyone else...that wish list sure does grow, doesn't it?

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful and I would have no problem wearing it everyday!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Love it! I think it is perfect for both casual and dressy wear.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is FANTASTIC :love: and it looks amazing on you! The tinkering you needed to do to make it just right really paid off. I repurposed the diamond from my first marriage's ER into a necklace too! Carry on in style and sparkle!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results