shape
carat
color
clarity

New Diamond cracked at the prong?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimcline11

Rough_Rock
Just got my ring yesterday. I noticed a crack coming out from under one of the prongs this morning. No cracks when I picked the diamond out. I was only able to see some small inclusions yesterday. I thought I read somewhere that setting the diamond wrong can cuse the prong to fracture the diamond? Any ideas before I go back to the jewler? I have only had it less than 24 hours. I don''t have the certificate with me. i will check that at home.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The jeweler may have accidentally cracked the diamond while setting.
38.gif
Check the cert to make sure the crack wasn''t mentioned, and then take the ring back to the jeweler. Did they sell you the diamond? and is the ring insured?

kimcline11

Rough_Rock
Yes diamond and setting were purchased and set at the same jeweler. I was just the recipient of the engagement ring, and don''t know much else. Not sure what kind of insurance you mean, but we haven''t insured it yet since we got it yesterday. I am just panicking with the crack in it.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Don''t Panic... the jeweler should take responsibility for this. He both sold and set your diamond. Your jeweler should have insurance to cover himself in situations like this.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Ditto diamond explorer''s comments. That is unacceptable, and they SHOULD take responsibility for it. If anything, they should allow you to exchange it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results