shape
carat
color
clarity

New Custom Oval Halo

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
So, after a long wait, it's finally finished...and just as I suspected, it has an airline gap! I was so mad at first. I was like, why did I pay for custom for it to not even fit? Now, it has grown on me, and I think I like it. I like how my diamond is seen as the main focus, and it doesn't look like one large stone. The jeweler will not be able to correct this. He said the "perfect fit" was intended for the diamond to completely cover the metal basket, which it does. He said had I chosen larger melee then he could have manuevered them a litte more inward and shared the prongs with the center stone. I wanted 1/2 pointers though. The gap is .19mm all around, which looks exaggerated in the photos. What do you think? Does it look bad? Is he wrong?
Center Stone:
GIA
IF
G
POL: EX
SYM: EX
7.95*5.17*3.10

ring30.jpg

ring26.jpg

ring20.jpg

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
A few more pics...

_12598.jpg

ring33.jpg

ring15.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
From the photos it doesn't really look bad to me to be honest, but I understand feeling frustrated that it did not come out exactly the way you wanted.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's GORGEOUS and it looks SO much bigger than just under a carat! I would have thought it's about 1.70.

I like the airline. It's chic and you're right, it does set off the diamond. I don't like it when you have a fancy shape but the shape and halo are all blurred together. It doesn't look as refined as this does.

Oh, it's beautiful, just beautiful! I would love a ring like this! :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It looks pretty fabulous to me! :love:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
I think your ring looks beautiful!

Do you have any profile shots?! :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heidibrooke, I swear I wouldn't say this unless I absolutely meant it - I honestly think it looks beautiful! I am not just being nice or trying to make you feel better - I think your ring turned out beautifully, it looks gorgeous on you and the finger coverage is AMAZING! The ring has so much hand presence, and your beautiful stone stands out and doesn't get lost in the melee. And TBH, I don't think the gap is very noticeable anyway!

Would love to see a profile pic if you get a chance!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think in this case the gap looks pretty good. It is a very thin gap and it is even all the way around. Pretty!

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1386799717|3572246 said:
Heidibrooke, I swear I wouldn't say this unless I absolutely meant it - I honestly think it looks beautiful! I am not just being nice or trying to make you feel better - I think your ring turned out beautifully, it looks gorgeous on you and the finger coverage is AMAZING! The ring has so much hand presence, and your beautiful stone stands out and doesn't get lost in the melee. And TBH, I don't think the gap is very noticeable anyway!

Would love to see a profile pic if you get a chance!

Thank you very much! I appreciate your kind comments! Oh, and I just have to say...I have never seen a ring more beautiful than yours-those gorgeous pastels it's reflecting are stunning. :)

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind comments and reassurance! Here are some profile pictures. Originally, the plan was to just switch out the peghead. He felt that wouldn't be secure enough. So, he cut out the center and welded in the custom head. I won't be able to fit a straight band completely flush, but that's ok with me.

_12600.jpg

_12601.jpg

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942|1386797387|3572210 said:
It's GORGEOUS and it looks SO much bigger than just under a carat! I would have thought it's about 1.70.

I like the airline. It's chic and you're right, it does set off the diamond. I don't like it when you have a fancy shape but the shape and halo are all blurred together. It doesn't look as refined as this does.

Oh, it's beautiful, just beautiful! I would love a ring like this! :appl:

Thank you very much! I truly appreciate the great feedback! It feels a lot bigger than before. I hope it cures DSS for good! ;-)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! It looks perfect on you!!!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw your post over on the Bee (I'm a lurker there), and came to see if you had posted here. And I have to say that I think the ring is exquisite! The airline is kind of amazing. I can understand how you felt going into it, and I would have felt the same, but seeing it as it is -- I love it! It looks so beautiful on your hand, and totally fuels my oval-envy. Definitely one of my favorites! :love: Enjoy your gorgeous ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very lovely. Enjoy wearing your beautiful ring!!

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
Ally66|1386813380|3572427 said:
I just saw your post over on the Bee (I'm a lurker there), and came to see if you had posted here. And I have to say that I think the ring is exquisite! The airline is kind of amazing. I can understand how you felt going into it, and I would have felt the same, but seeing it as it is -- I love it! It looks so beautiful on your hand, and totally fuels my oval-envy. Definitely one of my favorites! :love: Enjoy your gorgeous ring!

Thanks so much Ally66! You're very kind!! :bigsmile:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I may be one of the few around here who approves of a well-done airline anyway,
and I think your ring is STUNNING :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wear it proudly, it is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it! Sorry it bothers you, but I think your ring is gorgeous!

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
ooo~Shiney!|1386854026|3572725 said:
I may be one of the few around here who approves of a well-done airline anyway,
and I think your ring is STUNNING :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wear it proudly, it is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Thank you!! :) The more I look at it, the more I like the airline gap. I'm actually kind of glad it turned out this way. :lol:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. Looks fab on your hand :appl: I love ovals :love:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
The airline gap showcases your diamond distinctly. And it has amazing finger coverage! You chose well!

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! Now, I'm actually so glad it has the airline gap! I love it! :).

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very impressive ring... honestly! The finger covergae is envious! (how small are those fingers?!)

From an oval halo girl....that is one sparkly beautiful bling! Enjoy that unique bling! :D :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks very skillfully done. I've seen unattractive airlines where the line is not symmetrical around the stone, and the line is larger, making it look like a gap. Yours is very delicate, and just delineates the center stone from the halo. I think it would actually take a lot of skill to do this well.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh no - it is perfect. The airline sets the diamond apart from the halo, showcasing it. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually i don't like airlines but i'm telling you, this ring is absolutely gorgeous and has a great presence for the diamond's ct. It really looks perfect and so...big!!! Wear it in good health :appl: :appl: :appl:

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
Fi Z|1386990557|3573981 said:
Very impressive ring... honestly! The finger covergae is envious! (how small are those fingers?!)

From an oval halo girl....that is one sparkly beautiful bling! Enjoy that unique bling! :D :love:

The finger coverage is taking some getting used to! It feels so much bigger...no wonder people love halos! This ring is a 5, but it needs to be a 1/2 size smaller because it's loose and spinning...sure don't want to lose another ring, lol.
Thanks so much and btw, I'm loving your oval in your profile pic!! :love:

Heidibrooke

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious|1386991345|3573985 said:
I think it looks very skillfully done. I've seen unattractive airlines where the line is not symmetrical around the stone, and the line is larger, making it look like a gap. Yours is very delicate, and just delineates the center stone from the halo. I think it would actually take a lot of skill to do this well.

Thank you so much!! The jeweler was awesome and took a lot of care in making this perfect for me. He kept asking me to trust him, and I'm glad I did!! :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks really great!! Looks much larger than when loose and in your stone holder...the airline I also agree makes the center stone stand out a bit more and remain the center of attention.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous :lickout: The airline doesn't detract from the ring at all, it really helps define your beautiful diamond!

bbkk

Rough_Rock
Hey! I'm actually looking for a halo setting for an oval stone too!! I really liked your setting!!! It's gorgeous, and I agree with the above, the airline does help defining the stone!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results