shape
carat
color
clarity

New Cushion Halo Ring....Crooked?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I received my new ring this morning and I love the Diamond...It absolutely sparkles like CRAZY! One thing i noticed though, was that the basket was a little off...Looks like one of the struts is bent or shorter, actually one side is kind of bent, Is this normal for a handmade ring? Am i being too meticulous? Need some reassurance, before I ask the vendor to fix
Here are some pics:

crooked4.jpg

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Other side profile

Crooked3.jpg

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
On pinky

crooked5.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s definitely (a touch) crooked - i would have them fix that, or else i think it will annoy you every time you look at it. I don''t think you are being overly critical at all. Otherwise....it''s LOVELY!

cushionawesomeness

Rough_Rock
Looks crooked to me too. Can you show us a picture of the ring head on - it looks so pretty!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think it is a bit crooked too...
8.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 1:27:51 PM
Author: violet3
It''s definitely (a touch) crooked - i would have them fix that, or else i think it will annoy you every time you look at it. I don''t think you are being overly critical at all. Otherwise....it''s LOVELY!
Ditto! It''s a gorgeous ring, though!!!

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 1:29:03 PM
Author: cushionawesomeness
Looks crooked to me too. Can you show us a picture of the ring head on - it looks so pretty!!

Some head shots....didn''t do the whole Photoshoot because i was a bit bummed.

headshot2.JPG

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Man pinky shot
25.gif

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 1:50:56 PM
Author: Dodgers!
Man pinky shot
25.gif
OK for real this time

FingerDOD.jpg

cushionawesomeness

Rough_Rock
Totally understand your dissapointment. I had my cushion set into a harry winston like halo a few weeks back and the finished ring didn''t even look like the setting that I had picked out at the jeweler. The setting came out so thick and bulky looking. So I had to give up my ring for another 3 weeks - still waiting on the results...and I''m NERVOUS!!

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 1:56:25 PM
Author: cushionawesomeness
Totally understand your dissapointment. I had my cushion set into a harry winston like halo a few weeks back and the finished ring didn''t even look like the setting that I had picked out at the jeweler. The setting came out so thick and bulky looking. So I had to give up my ring for another 3 weeks - still waiting on the results...and I''m NERVOUS!!

Thanks for the support cusionawesomeness. One good thing is that this is the first time viewing the diamond live after seeing only pics and certs, and it is hypnotizing me haha, I love it. I just want to make sure the setting is perfect before i propose, and I am a bit of a symmetry nut. As for the proportion, our ring is very delicate. The band is 2mm, which probably made it difficult to create perfect struts. Does anyone know if it crazy to expect perfect symmetry in a basket?

gedean

Shiny_Rock
to be honest, it looks crooked to me. But even if it wasnt, if you find something that doesnt sit right with you I say always go back and bring it in to be fixed. I had a few problems with my ring when I initially got it but now it''s perfect.
36.gif

Dont ever feel like you''re being a hassle when you do either (they can make you feel like that sometimes), which is what I kind of felt like for a while but realized that fiancee paid good/lots of money for it....so, the ring better damn well be made to PERFECTION in my opinion! hehe...

good luck with the revamp of your ring too (if you choose to do so)
26.gif
!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. But yes it''s crooked. I''d definitely get it fixed.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It is both gorgeous and crooked. Get that baby fixed so she''s nothin'' but gorgeous!
36.gif

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for the reassurance, this truly is a wonderful community to lean on.
I have contacted the Vendor who has been great through the whole ring creation process, and
he already responded to send it back ASAP to have his jeweler fix it!(very fast response as expected from a PS vendor) Things go wrong from time to time and I think that the value of a vendor is how they handle such things. So far so good! I will keep you updated as of the results!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad the vendor is taking care of it promptly and very smart of you to get it taken care of before proposing...

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
OMG! GORGEOUS!!!!!
36.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, but yes it is crooked, that would drive me crazy, I think you need to get it fixed.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
woah - that is an amazing ring! sorry about the crookedness, i know it is going to be painful having to give it back for a bit! it just makes me wonder (i know you said the vendor has been great) how could they NOT notice it? if you were a jewelry maker - would you not notice that?! again, AMAZING ring - I hope you get it back quickly!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2008 9:42:20 PM
Author: waterlilly
woah - that is an amazing ring! sorry about the crookedness, i know it is going to be painful having to give it back for a bit! it just makes me wonder (i know you said the vendor has been great) how could they NOT notice it? if you were a jewelry maker - would you not notice that?! again, AMAZING ring - I hope you get it back quickly!
That''s exactly my thought. How did they not notice how crooked the head is? We all assume that they give our creations a very thorough once over before declaring a piece done.

I''m sorry you have to go through this. I know it can be upsetting. I''ve been through that type of disappointment. You have every right to demand perfection, especially for such an important piece.

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
DODGERS, first of all...what a great job you did designing her ring...she''s one lucky lady...woo hoo!
Please make sure you keep us posted on proposal, etc...we LOVE that stuff!!!!! Just adore happy stories!
In terms of your question: there actually is no question, IMO, that you are right...and it''s way too big a purchase for you not to be happy...it''s spectacular. I''m so glad they''re taking care of it for you. I''m with the girls, though, in terms of them not catching it. I wonder how often things like that slip through.
In the end, as long as you are happy with the final result, all is good...
PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.
that stunner will be worth the wait...as I''m sure is your lady..ha!
any specs on the ring???

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Dodgers!
WOW, I am just floored by your ring! I love the airy and delicate design with diamonds evvvvvvvvvvvvvverywhere, YUM-YUM-YUM!

You absolutely deserve to have that setting fixed to perfection so that it matches her incredible E/IF cushion. There''s nowhere for those off angles to hide and I''m glad you caught the wonkiness before you gave it to her. I hope they can sort it for you right away, ''cause I''m dying to see more photos of that ring on her hand next time around.
9.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it is crooked. The good news is THAT IS SOME GORGEOUS BLINGALICIOUS RING.
Best of luck getting these issues resolved and I''m sorry you have to go through this aggravation.
Uhhhh.... I spy a red jewelery box ....
31.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! But oh so crooked
38.gif
15.gif
14.gif
. Keep on the jeweler until they get it right.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
It''s an amazing ring, but yes it is crooked and they never ever should have sent you that ring. Once they actually set it STRAIGHT, it will be one of the most beautiful engagement rings I have seen on here. Congratulations!

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 9:12:52 AM
Author: lesco

Best of luck getting these issues resolved and I''m sorry you have to go through this aggravation.

31.gif

Haha, Lesco how did your fix go? I read up on your post about your prongs, and was curious to see if that was resolved?

To all, i will keep you guys updated. Thanks for the great comments on the ring.

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 9:42:20 PM
Author: waterlilly

Yea, i spent about an hour thinking of all the reasons why it was sent out like this (especially shipped out across the US)...
the ring looked ok in the box...Busy...vacation...etc. but then My head exploded. So Instead
of giving myself more ulcers, i will calmly (i swear) wait until the fix, and will RESERVE the right to react in an angry manner if not satisfied. But as of now, I am still confident that they will fix it (maybe PS made me too trusting? haha) Shipping the ring back today.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 11:46:22 AM
Author: Dodgers!

Date: 5/2/2008 9:12:52 AM
Author: lesco

31.gif

Haha, Lesco how did your fix go? I read up on your post about your prongs, and was curious to see if that was resolved?

To all, i will keep you guys updated. Thanks for the great comments on the ring.
I''m waiting on it, that''s why I did not report back to PS headquarters yet.
It was sent to a "top setter" so I''m hoping for good results. I''ll bet you the vendor will get crankin'' on yours. No worries OK?

Dodgers!

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

I got these pictures of the fix of the Ring, and frankly, I see a lot of asymmetry (sp?)
these are the pictures the vendor sent, before shipping the ring back to me. Can everyone else see the crookedness still?!?!?!

In this pic I see the diamond pushed to the right side, and the steepness of the struts on each side is different.

Crooked11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results