shape
carat
color
clarity

New Construction Project!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

I've posted in the hangout, but tomorrow I'm receiving my mother's original bridal set from 1989. I intend on having it set into what will be my engagement ring in a few months (my boyfriend basically said to send him ideas).

I know it's around 3/4 of a carat, a marquise, and not a bad diamond at all! My mom didn't like the set, even when she received it.

img_6947_0.jpg

I want it to be set east-west.

messages_image_919169441_.png

This is the top-runner now. I had another one in mind, but I decided I like vintage styles better. I'm thinking about having the halo as it is in the image, but putting the baguettes on the shank before the engraving.

What are your thoughts?

I'll post a lot more photos tomorrow when I pick it up! :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an exciting project. So special you can use your mum's stone.
I would follow the inspiration setting design as is and use the baguettes for a different project like a standalone band.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
agree-use the baguettes for a right hand band...
the setting inspiration is lovely!! who will design it?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting! So nice you get to use your mom's ring...I'll be following your journey!

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
Your set looks very similar to my old set I just had redone. My original was also yellow gold but I had that dipped then both bands souldered and then decided I wanted the whole ring changed. I can't wait to see the finished ring!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting times ahead! I also agree - follow the beautiful inspiration & use the baguettes in something else. Perhaps a right hand ring, or maybe even your wedding ring? The world is your oyster!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE your inspiration picture, and the special meaning in using your mom's diamond! Can't wait to see the finished product!

sue011312

Rough_Rock
that's beautiful! It's one of may favorite settings. Can't wait to it. :angel:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!!! I agree that the stone looks really nice, too. How special!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Well, I picked it up today!

img_6990.jpg

img_7027.jpg

img_6995.jpg

I'm sending my boyfriend off to do his magic and get it made into something I'll cherish.

crazymom4|1456933754|3998459 said:
Your set looks very similar to my old set I just had redone. My original was also yellow gold but I had that dipped then both bands souldered and then decided I wanted the whole ring changed. I can't wait to see the finished ring!

I actually thought the same thing when I saw yours. I love how you were able to keep the accent diamonds!

Alex T|1456934928|3998466 said:
Exciting times ahead! I also agree - follow the beautiful inspiration & use the baguettes in something else. Perhaps a right hand ring, or maybe even your wedding ring? The world is your oyster!

Yes-- I decided that salvaging the baguettes to use in this design would be too difficult. I am thinking of the band being white gold with engraving and no stones.

Ally66|1456935523|3998473 said:
LOVE your inspiration picture, and the special meaning in using your mom's diamond! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you! My mom is kind of jealous now; she didn't want to get rid of the set but she hated it. Now she kind of wishes she thought of setting it sideways. I'm really excited too!

sue011312|1456957758|3998739 said:
that's beautiful! It's one of may favorite settings. Can't wait to it. :angel:

Thank you! I'm excited too!

SparklySoprano|1456970175|3998865 said:
Lovely!!! I agree that the stone looks really nice, too. How special!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm so excited!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!! I really love your inspiration ring and can't wait to see the results!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
_lovesvintage_|1457009308|3999035 said:
How exciting!!! I really love your inspiration ring and can't wait to see the results!

Thank you! I wore the ring for a few hours yesterday and my boyfriend said, "Why are you wearing that?! Take it off!" So now It's sitting in a box waiting to be made into something new. He has all the reference photos, and I think any competent jeweler will be able to have it made, so I'm not too worried.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
It can actually be quite tricky to copy a ring design...
if you hang out here for a bit, you will see designing a ring is quite a process, even to experienced designers :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't tell you how much I LOVE a E/W marquise. One of my favorites is the Skye Pave on the Maevona website. TDF. Best of luck with your project!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and prospective setting, it will be very special :appl: Please post more pics when you get it back, love to see it finished and on your hand!!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
motownmama|1457106267|3999714 said:
I can't tell you how much I LOVE a E/W marquise. One of my favorites is the Skye Pave on the Maevona website. TDF. Best of luck with your project!

It just makes it look so beautiful!

CravingDiamonds|1457109733|3999755 said:
Flawless!

Thank you!

azstonie|1457123546|3999896 said:
Lovely stone and prospective setting, it will be very special :appl: Please post more pics when you get it back, love to see it finished and on your hand!!

I definitely will!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results