carat
color
clarity

New Catherine Cardellini poils for Gailey

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Note to self:

Dear Gailey

You have been a good girl and worked really hard this summer and once again for no wages. So these are for you.

Love and kisses

Gailey

Big tissue nucs 02.jpg

Big tissue nucs 04.jpg

Big tissue nucs 07.jpg

Big tissue nucs 09.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And here are some shots of the matching earrings. BTW, I hope y'all are sitting comfortably, I have a number of sets to show you.

Tissue nuc earrings 02.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
The first set are tissue nucleated freshwater pearls. They are just short of 18.75 inches long
Pearls measure 13.4mm x 12.9mm x 12.2, 13.1mm x 12.7mm x 12.1mm, 13.1mm x 12.6mm x 12.2 on down to 11.8mm x 10.9mm x 10.6mm and 11.6mm x 11.5mm x 11.1mm at clasp. Earring pearls: 9.7mm

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And because I have been such a good girl, albeit one who couldn't make up her mind, I got this slightly smaller bead nucleated set. They are 10.5mm down to 9.5mm at clasp. Most about 9.8mm to 10mm.
Earring pearls: 10.2mm and 4.9mm buttons

Bead nucs 04.jpg

Bead nucs 05.jpg

Bead nucs 08.jpg

Bead nuc earrings 03.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here's the set I have bought for my friend for Christmas.

Pearls for Julie.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And to go with the three strands I bought last year, here are the earrings that are coming to accompany them.

CC for G 21.JPG

Pearl earrings for Gailey 01.jpg

Pearl earrings for Gailey 02.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And so as to save on the packaging, here is the strand coming for Canuk-Gal.

And I promise we will have a photoshoot as soon as they arrive!

Pearls for Canuk Gal.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! you have been a very good girl indeed!

loving your selections.....and i so appreciate the neck shot as it gives me an idea of drape.

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Gailey!

I like them all so much, I can't decide which is my favorite! :appl:

I love the extra luster on the smaller white, but the size on the bigger whites are going to look so good on you!

You are going to LOVE those earrings, drop pearls make FABULOUS elegant earrings, bet you'll wear those a lot.

Please post a link to Canuk Girl's strand, I really want to see more detail on those, they are fabulously funky! :cheeky:

And I assume the gift pearls are for me, right? :naughty:

Just kidding, those are awesome, I loved your multicolor strand and these are just as cool!

I'll say it again: PRETTY :appl: PRETTY :appl: PRETTY

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
wow! you have been a very good girl indeed!

loving your selections.....and i so appreciate the neck shot as it gives me an idea of drape.

MoZo

Crepe, did someone say crepe??? Phew, I read it again and you said drape. I tell you, I craned my neck so high so y'all wouldn't see all the folds or my double chin!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
iLander said:
OMG, Gailey!

I like them all so much, I can't decide which is my favorite! :appl:

I love the extra luster on the smaller white, but the size on the bigger whites are going to look so good on you!

You are going to LOVE those earrings, drop pearls make FABULOUS elegant earrings, bet you'll wear those a lot.

Please post a link to Canuk Girl's strand, I really want to see more detail on those, they are fabulously funky! :cheeky:

And I assume the gift pearls are for me, right? :naughty:

Just kidding, those are awesome, I loved your multicolor strand and these are just as cool!

I'll say it again: PRETTY :appl: PRETTY :appl: PRETTY

Thanks Ilander, yes I am looking forward to getting the earrings especially. Why on earth I didn't buy earrings last year when I ordered my first batch I don't know.

Here is the link to Sharon's set: http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=1689&Submit=Search

And yes, watch for the postman, they will be there any day now!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Me luvs everything!

Those pearls look devine on Gailey--can wait to see the new ones!

I look forward to my new strand--which i just might wear looped around my wrist......

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
HI:

Me luvs everything!

Those pearls look devine on Gailey--can wait to see the new ones!

I look forward to my new strand--which i just might wear looped around my wrist......

cheers--Sharon

And I think it would be loose on the lady with the world's tiniest waist!

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
Lovely. And I love the shot of all 3 necklaces on at the same time. Is it wrong that I think that's a great look - the layering of the similiar lengths? Lucky you! :appl:

PS. Can someone tell me what a nucleated pearl IS? Aren't they all 'nucleated' (other than keshis??)?

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
whitehotblank said:
Lovely. And I love the shot of all 3 necklaces on at the same time. Is it wrong that I think that's a great look - the layering of the similiar lengths? Lucky you! :appl:

PS. Can someone tell me what a nucleated pearl IS? Aren't they all 'nucleated' (other than keshis??)?

They are all nucleated. But most of the time, people meant bead nucleated, which are akoya, Tahitians, gold and white SS, Cortez, Kasumi. Freshwater pearls are also nucleated but most are tissue nucleated from the donor mussle, i.e. no bead. The exception is fireball pearls (also FW), which are bead nucleated. Therefore, tissue nuked FW and keshi (both saltwater and FW keshi) are as close as you can get to natural pearls. When saying natural pearls I meant no human intervention...pearls grown wild by themselves: abalone, oyster pearls, conch pearls, natural akoya, etc.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey... I love the letter and the mental affirmation to yourself. Cracked me up! I think I will do that to myself more often. Your pearls are gorgeous! I love looking at Catherine's site. I finally made my decision and ordered from her. I can't wait to get it! I wish I could have ordered more.........

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You look divine in pearls, I'm a bit envious. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
[quote="Gailey]Crepe, did someone say crepe??? Phew, I read it again and you said drape. I tell you, I craned my neck so high so y'all wouldn't see all the folds or my double chin![/quote]

you're too funny!

MoZo

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they look amazing- just beautiful, the triple strand on you is sensational.

I love a good pearl rampage!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut said:
Gailey... I love the letter and the mental affirmation to yourself. Cracked me up! I think I will do that to myself more often. Your pearls are gorgeous! I love looking at Catherine's site. I finally made my decision and ordered from her. I can't wait to get it! I wish I could have ordered more.........

CCN, Please, please you must post a pic immediately when they arrive!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gardengloves said:
cushioncutnut said:

CCN, Please, please you must post a pic immediately when they arrive!

I will... in fact, I will post a "starter thread" to tide me over before they come. :cheeky:

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems said:
You look divine in pearls, I'm a bit envious. :appl:

Ah LG, but you should see the rest of me! But thankyou very much for your kind words.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
gardengloves said:
Wow, they look amazing- just beautiful, the triple strand on you is sensational.

I love a good pearl rampage!

Thank you GG, good to see you :wavey: There's a bunch more shots of these pearls on my earlier thread. I put the three sets on for the photo shoot, but they are so heavy I don't envisage wearing all three at one for any length of time.

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
Gailey your pearls are beautiful! I have just spent the last hour looking through the Catherine Cardellini site and must say one strand is more beautiful then the next. Can you please give me a little feedback on the lustre, quality etc on her pearls. Do the pics do them justice when you see them IRL? I am leaning towards metallics in a AAA quality. My only hesitation is the price is wonderful compared to what I have seen on the Pearl Outlet and Pearl Paradise sites. I just hope the quality is not inferior to the other sites. Any feedback from yourself or if anyone else who has purchased pearls from Catherine Cardellini would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
ladyzee said:
Gailey your pearls are beautiful! I have just spent the last hour looking through the Catherine Cardellini site and must say one strand is more beautiful then the next. Can you please give me a little feedback on the lustre, quality etc on her pearls. Do the pics do them justice when you see them IRL? I am leaning towards metallics in a AAA quality. My only hesitation is the price is wonderful compared to what I have seen on the Pearl Outlet and Pearl Paradise sites. I just hope the quality is not inferior to the other sites. Any feedback from yourself or if anyone else who has purchased pearls from Catherine Cardellini would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi there Ladyzee. The main thing about Cathy's pearls is that they have character, or certainly the ones I bought first time around do. Now some will call them flaws and they are certainly not the type of pearls you see on Pearl Paradise for instance. I just fell in love with Lake Kasimuga pearls and pearls from the Sea of Cortez. Cathy's pearls are more like these types of pearls. The lustre is superb, especially on the cheapest set I bought last year, very metallic. Take a look at my previous thread at the pictures to give you a better idea. I would be absolutely gob-smacked if you were disappointed.

That said, if you want one pearl to look exactly like it's neighbour and uniformity is important to you, then these pearls may not be for you. If you are still on the fence, order a pair of earrings first to get a feel for them.

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
Gailey thank you so much for taking the time to give such wonderful detailed feedback. I certainly love what I see on her website and the only difficult decision is which strand to order. At this stage in my collection I have the traditional strands and now am looking for "different" pieces. By the looks of what is offered I don't think I will be disappointed. Thanks again for your input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results