shape
carat
color
clarity

New camera, new photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m hoping that this works and the photo pops in. I got my new Canon 850 today and just tried it for the first time. I have to practice I know, but here goes. Let''s see how clear this looks when posted.

My hubby and I got engaged in ''95 but I didn''t buy my center diamond until ''99, a year and a half after the wedding. The center stone is a GIA certified G color, SI1 clarity pear and it weighs 1.51 cts. The diamonds in the mounting are all G/H color and VS2/SI1 clarity. The mountings were hand cast by a local jeweler. The total weight of the set is 2.83 cts.

Fingers crossed......

Mem Card L2 058.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, that worked, so let''s try my eternity band. My eternity band is from Fortunoff (my home away from home!) The band is 950 platinum and the diamonds are F/G color and VS2/SI1 clarity, although I can''t find an SI among them. Total weight is 1.28 cts. The 18K guard rings were hand made and hand engraved by a friend of my jeweler''s in NYC and are approx. 2.5mm each. I have a "thing" for the flower, leaf and vine motif.

Mem Card L2 071.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photos of my earrings did not come out as well, but here they are. Both diamonds are GIA certified G color, VS2 clarity and .39 pts. each. They are identical twins, cut by the same cutter only a few days apart. When I saw them I grabbed them because they were identical (even though I was really shopping for slightly larger stones). The mountings are the Stuller platinum "Lotus Flower" mountings with screw backs.

Mem Card L2 084.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shots of the earrings came out grainy. I need practice.

Mem Card L2 086.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely collection gemgirl!

I love those engraved bands---they are beautiful!
Your eternity band is gorgeous, and what a yummy pear!

I love your earrings and settings.

If you lower the ISO on your camera, the shots should come out less grainy. Add some external light, lower the ISO, and that should fix it!
1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bling, I love your eternity band with the flowery bands...so pretty! I cannot tell, is your wedding set white metal or yellow?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl, the graininess is most likely due to your camera selecting a fast ISO speed (800, 1600). It does that when there isn''t much available light, but the downside is introducing graininess in to the pictures.

You can remedy this by providing more available light onto your subject. Go into the bathroom or someplace with brighter lighting and that should help.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces, gemgirl, thank you for sharing!
36.gif
35.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What a very pretty collection of goodies!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you coatimundi, you have such beautiful treasures yourself! I''d love to live inside your jewelry box!

Diamond*Dana my wedding set is yellow gold but the head on my engagement ring is platinum. I think the ring guards give my eternity band a little extra kick. I also love wearing white metal and yellow gold together.

Thanks Allison, I''m going to work on my picture taking skills. LOL! I''m home with a head cold, my new camera arrived and I couldn''t wait to rip it out of the box! I was like a kid at Christmas. BTW, I''m starting a custom project with your company next week. Bob is such a lovely man to deal with, a real sweetheart. It will be my first Whiteflash piece. My five loose thirty pointers will finally have a home. Thankfully, your pictures will be so much better than mine. I am VERY excited!

Thanks monarch and swingirl, it''s been killing me not being able to take pictures of my own things to post.

Now on to a couple of my yellow gold anniversary bands......

Mem Card L2 099.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a picture of your own hand isn''t very easy.
3.gif
This one is a Fortunoff''s piece that''s ten years old. H/I color, SI1/SI2 clarity, 1.25 cts. tw.

Mem Card L2 095.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year''s ninth anniversary present. It''s a Gallerie d'' Bijoux piece. (I just LOVE Sonia and the beautiful work she does) I needed a nice pave'' ring to go with my pave'' earrings and necklace. It''s G/H color, SI1/SI2 clarity. This one takes micro pave'' to the max. 178 full cut brilliants, total carat weight 1.25

Mem Card L2 104.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a side view of the beautiful scroll work. It also has a very nice undergallery but my battery ran out!

I''m done for now......

Mem Card L2 105.jpg

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Gemgirl, what a FAB collection!!!!

I really hope that after your battery charges you are going to take more pics!
31.gif
Especially a hand shot of your pave ring and the pieces you mentioned that matched.... purrrty please!!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
777_LDY, I will take more pictures of my pave'' things later on and hopefully I''ll do a better job with the lighting issue. I forgot I have a right hand pave'' ring too. Thanks for the compliment!
2.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Very pretty.... I love your diamond. I love fancy shapes.. WOOOO

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Yep - we think Bob''s a "gem", too!
2.gif

Can''t wait to see your project!

Kudos from a fellow YG lover!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh very pretty.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love your collection, especially the pave band! Can''t wait to see the handshots of that beauty.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my one carat pave'' barrel pendant, G/H color, VS2/SI1 clarity.

Mem Card L2 114.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure which photo came out better. My Godiva bear got into my jewelry box again!

Mem Card L2 115.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sonia Bitton half carat total weight pave'' huggies. G/H color, SI1/SI2 clarity.

Mem Card L2 118.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same earrings.......

Mem Card L2 119.jpg

tickintime

Rough_Rock
The 850 is a wonderful little camera! The only complaint I have is it won''t tell you the battery remaining until it is dead....
14.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Godiva bear again wearing my 6mm Omega with my impeccably made Sonia slide. .68pts., G/H color, SI1/SI2 clarity. This piece is the best example of pave'' I''ve ever seen. Every stone, table up, in rows like little soldiers!

Mem Card L2 132.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve resized some of these photos four times and they''re still as big as Buicks!

Terrible hand shot of my pave'' anniversary band. My hands are swollen in the morning. Ughhh!

Mem Card L2 135.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One carat pave'' RHR. This baby is big and heavy and flops to the side when I wear it. It definitely needs a couple of speed bumps. G/H, SI.

Mem Card L2 124.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same ring, different view.

Mem Card L2 125.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nauseous yet? :) Last one for pave''. My every day pave''s have been beaten to a pulp.

Mem Card L2 126.jpg

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Gemgirl, I adore your barrel pendant and the necklace it is on!!! I also like to wear the yellow and white gold together!!! Oooooo I really want that necklace!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results