shape
carat
color
clarity

New Camera! - Just for fun...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Just bought a new SLR camera the other day and I''ve been playing around with it all morning. So of course the first thing I''m going to practice on is my ring! I''m still learning how the features work, but I got a few good ones I thought I''d post. I know I''ll get better!!

**Warning: ring is very dirty, I didn''t clean it before I started taking pictures of it.
6.gif

BTW: what''s this "macro" feature everyone''s talking about? I didn''t see it anywhere...I just ended up using manual features.

Anyway, here goes nuthin...

standalone.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a picture that shows how dirty my ring is...see the yellow tarnish? My jeweler says it''s yellow gold coming through and that the ring may need to be redipped. It started happening after I wore the ring in a pool this summer, before I knew it was a bad thing to do (oops!). Has this ever happened to anyone else??

dirty.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an okay side one. The camera kept focusing on the box instead of the ring. Something I''ll learn how to fix, I guess...

3-4-side.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a nice side one - can''t tell here that the diamond is an I color (.90ct, VS1).

nice-side.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
used the ambient lighting feature - that yellow cast is not the diamond...
9.gif

ambient.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a good focus...

focused.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Great photos! Rube, I love your ring. It is so elegant.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
glassy...? The camera didn''t catch any of the fire! There was a beautiful blue-green glow on it ...
39.gif

glassy.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
table glare...

table9.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
last one...

bright7.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
thanks, lumpkin!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring, and your pictures look great!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!!!

I love the shot you have used for your avatar!! Stunning!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Nice shots tberube! Fun photo shoot!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
aww, shucks...
4.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I just love the contrast of an emerald or asscher with a sparkly halo!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Freakin'' gorgeous stone and setting! I''m not sure which SLR you have, but on my Canon Rebel XTi the Macro setting can be found on the "mode wheel" as a Flower icon. Landscapes are a mountain icon, Action shots are a little running man icon, etc.

If you want to do the focusing yourself (so it doesn''t choose the box to close-up on, for example) there should be a "Manual Focus" switch on the lens that''ll let you zoom on your own. Best of luck and congrats again on a lovely stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results