shape
carat
color
clarity

New blue Tahitians!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@amoline that’s a water droplet sorry on the last photo! The only blemishes are those circled in the photo a few entries above. Good point: when set I think the blemishes will be up against the skin in/near the cup.

Here’s another in a diff light:

D5CE39BA-3725-437C-A833-EBD0287ED2FB.jpeg

I did update the vendor re the blemishes and he’s kindly offered a $75 refund.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I'd say for that price with the refund considered, they're a fine pair, and now that you know what you are or are not looking for, you can continue searching in the future.

I stand firm in the position that they are not really blue and more gray, but also stand firm in that truly blue Tahitians are rarer and more expensive. They're not perfectly matched, but again for earrings this isn't a huge issue as they aren't worn right next to each other. For the price you paid, they'll make a fine pair of earrings. The luster seems very nice.

As long as blemishes would set underneath a post's cup or behind the pearl when worn, they're more or less fine imho but you may think differently. Keep in mind of course that truly flawless pearls -- like diamonds -- carry a premium.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@amoline Thank you as always for your time and knowledge!

The vendor has been great (easy to reach, very speedy in replies, professional, and eager to reach a resolution pleasing to both parties for which I’m grateful), and it’s too much of a hassle for me to return overseas (I’ve an exaggerated suspiciousness when it comes to mail services; I’ve had signed packages delivered to my neighbors!—thank goodness for honest neighbors!)

Am keeping them and I’ll share photos after they are set!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
For that price ( considering the discount) they are fine and not overpriced. A tiny flaw isn't a bit deal but should have been disclosed. Sounds like a good seller with good customer service. Enjoy !

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@katbran thank you for your thoughts—I have to admit, I’ve been looking at your Instagram page recently also. You have gorgeous pearls. May get in touch with you for a near future purchase!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OF COURSE ! :D

AmitTrading

Rough_Rock
Trade
Truth be told, I don't know exactly where she shops. Mostly smaller vendors and suppliers, outside of the USA. You'll typically find much better deals if you can get in contact with them. I might have a few folks you could get in touch with - my contact details are on Loupetroop, and you're welcome to send me a message.

The smaller vendors outside of the USA are able to give you better deals! Especially those who specialize in wholesale.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're home!!
So glad to see this update - and congratulations!!! They look fabulous - great size and the such a classic style! :cool2:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie Thank you!! I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to get them at all since I couldn’t get ahold of anybody and the store was closed indefinitely! Excited to wear them around the house!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@molinePDG Thank you, and thank your additionally for helping me choose them!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Your pearls look much better in your photos - the lustre looks good and the colour difference seems less noticeable . I think you have done very well !

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The luster and color are gorgeous! I love how you styled these with diamonds. So classic and beautiful.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@LisaRN Thank you for your support and kind compliments, as always!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful pair of earrings, I love the color and setting style!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results