shape
carat
color
clarity

New Blue sapphire ring

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
It was 11 pm, 2 glasses of wine in, hubby snoring. My phone notified that an ebay listing I was watching had 15 minutes left. I noticed that the current bid was the same as it had been for days, so why not. These items always go up like crazy in the last minute or so. I entered a bid- "You are the current high bidder". It stayed that way until it said You won.
This was a completely unplanned purchase. I have 2 projects currently rolling, and also hunting for a pink sapphire or spinel. But here I am, new owner of a blue sapphire ring.

Stats- 3.2 ct GIA heated sapphire with 2.0 cts diamonds in a heavy 15 gram platinum setting. It's a little bit Dynasty, but I kinda love that about it! It isn't the top shade of blue, but has zero gray or violet modifier so can completely tick the "blue sapphire" box that my pastel blue and my avatar sapphire doesn't. I can't seem to capture the same shade my eye sees though. To me it's gorgeous. I'm a happy camper!

Now to show hubby because he assumed when I said I have a package it was one of my projects completed :lol:
20220922_164511.jpg 20220922_161827.jpg 20220922_161926.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Serendipitous, that's what you're going to tell people.;)2
It's lovely, and mountain of platinum? It's a definite score!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@Mreader , @ItsMainelyYou @elle_71125 thank you! Yes, I really feel like a got a great deal, which made me a little suspicious. I had told myself to be prepared to be disappointed in person. I knew it wasn't a vivid royal or conflower like some PSers have, but it has no window, is VS in clarity, and isn't so inky it looks black. Another bonus is it was sold as a size 6.5 and I thought I would have to size it down but it is smaller than that and the with the wide band I won't have to!

I am gonna take her in for some wonky prong work which I saw in the vendor's pics but the stone is very secure. The platinum could use some polishing maybe, but I don't mind the patina and probably won't.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful! Very Alexis Carrington!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!

Now that's fabulous finger coverage!!! Looks great on you!!!! If you wear it going out, please post a casual pic for us!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was 11 pm, 2 glasses of wine in, hubby snoring. My phone notified that an ebay listing I was watching had 15 minutes left. I noticed that the current bid was the same as it had been for days, so why not. These items always go up like crazy in the last minute or so. I entered a bid- "You are the current high bidder". It stayed that way until it said You won.
This was a completely unplanned purchase. I have 2 projects currently rolling, and also hunting for a pink sapphire or spinel. But here I am, new owner of a blue sapphire ring.

Stats- 3.2 ct GIA heated sapphire with 2.0 cts diamonds in a heavy 15 gram platinum setting. It's a little bit Dynasty, but I kinda love that about it! It isn't the top shade of blue, but has zero gray or violet modifier so can completely tick the "blue sapphire" box that my pastel blue and my avatar sapphire doesn't. I can't seem to capture the same shade my eye sees though. To me it's gorgeous. I'm a happy camper!

Now to show hubby because he assumed when I said I have a package it was one of my projects completed :lol:
20220922_164511.jpg 20220922_161827.jpg 20220922_161926.jpg

what a show stopper :kiss2:
i love her
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

you going to call her Crystal or Alexis
or Fallon or Kirby ? (thats all i can remember ):lol-2:

My kind of ring... she is a honker!! I love that you're not afraid of a bold ring, even though you have delicate hands. Enjoy that beauty!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful! And I think the sapphire is very serene, like a deep cool lake. I love the chunky platinum setting. Just wait a little while more, it will be all the rage in fashion again ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results