shape
carat
color
clarity

New bling - Apatite and Diamond RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I have been after a new RHR for some time now. Ideally I want a ruby halo with diamond set shoulders. I purchased one on ebay and it turned out to be horrid. It could have been perfect but the "diamonds" were just cloudy stones, the gold hallmark was non existant and even though the correct size was requested, they sent it to me and it was still at least a size too smal for me. I sent it back and carried on looking.

Apatite caught my eye due to the vibrant colour. I didn''t know anything else about it but went ahead and purchased this ring as it was one that jus struck me. It is officially 2 sizes bigger than my third finger on my right hand, but I planned to either have it sized down to fit, or just wear it on my middle finger. Since the arrival of the ring today I think that it is just too pretty and feminine to wear it on my middle finger, so I think I am going to have her resized for my right hand ring finger.

I only discovered today what a soft stone she is, just 5.5 on the hardness scale. I didn''t realise that it was so rarely made into jewellery, especially rings. Oh well. I will just have to be careful, which could be a challenge as I am quite heavy handed.

If I had the money, I would go ahead with the ruby halo purchase as I have seen a couple of PERFECT ones on my travels on town.

However, this ring will do my as a substitute until I can afford one! I have noticed the window effect in the stone though...shame, because it does look lovely in reality, even with the window, it gives a nice sparkle and the colours change depending on the light from a neon grees, to deep sea green and even yelloe tinged.

Pics: Please excuse the blurry pics, my camera phone is rather rubbish despite the great sounding specs. Also excuse the grooves on my hand where my engagement ring has been. For the purposes of steady pictures I had to put the ring on the left hand while I took them!

myapatite1.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Not a great picture!

myapatite2.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Love the colour here.

myapatite3.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
On my left hand.

myapatite4.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Pretty color! Glad you know to be careful with this one! Love the color of apatite.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
A closer look.

myapatite5.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Bit closer?

myapatite6.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now.

Off to town to start the resizing process tomorrow!

myapatite7.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
coatimundi - Thanks :D The colour is to die for. Not my usual choice but it does match one of my tealy green sparkly bolero cardigans pefectly! I won''t be wearing this for work I can tell you.

Next on the list is definitely the ruby though. I usually only wear black and red, so ruby would go with every outfit of mine! Plus it is my birthstone.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty and I love the color!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and the setting is nice!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I have been trying to get better pictures. Not really successful, but on one of the following pictures the diamonds look pretty and white!

myapatite8.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Surprised the flash is working...usually it makes a close up like this come out all white!

myapatite9.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty white diamonds!

myapatite10.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Paler colour display

myapatite11.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful MM and I love the color, really gorgeous

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the ring, its lovely and the apatite is such a nice color. Just a word of caution since apatite is a soft stone and I'm glad you realize this. I wouldn't wear it everyday and do not put in an ultrasonic cleaner.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely Merry Munky and is such a pretty color. Enjoy it!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 10:42:31 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Congratulations on the ring, its lovely and the apatite is such a nice color. Just a word of caution since apatite is a soft stone and I''m glad you realize this. I wouldn''t wear it everyday and do not put in an ultrasonic cleaner.

Duly noted!
2.gif

I will be getting a white gold ruby and diamond ring soon. Not the beloved halo ring I long for, but an everyday wear pretty one that I purchased weeks ago. The jewellers have been messig me around with the resizing. It won''t be ready for a few weeks yet, but once it is, this ring will be tucked away for special occasions only I think.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice ring. I love apatite as well - such lovely colours! Pity about the hardness...

Have fun with it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! The color makes me want to go swimming in it!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results