shape
carat
color
clarity

New Asscher from James Allen to evaluate

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone:
The following are the information I received from James Allen regarding the asscher that Gypsy recommended I look into. It is a 1.04 F SI1 with medium flourescence.

I did not get to talk with the gemologist, but this is the feedback I received from them:
"This diamond is icy white in color and the gemologist feels that the untrained eye will view the diamond as eye clean. The attached ASET image would lead you to believe that this diamond has weaker light performance than diamond (.90ct asscher I previously posted) under the table but the gemologist feels otherwise. While the .90 ct diamond has nice light performance, the gemologist determined that this 1.05 FSI1 diamond is even brighter and offers stronger fire and brilliance."

What is your assessment? Would very much appreciate your feedack.

1.05 F SI1 Asscher Sarin.jpg

1.05 F SI1 Asscher ASET 2.jpg

1.05 F SI1Asscher ASET.jpg

asscher 1.05 F SI1.jpg

emmy88

Rough_Rock
For comparison, this is the .90ct G VS1 5.38x5.38 from James Allen as well that I have previously posted.

asscher1.jpg

.90 asscher aset.jpg

.90 asscher aset 2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not pretend to know much about asschers other than what I personally like, but I like the G stone better. I also like VS1 better than SI1 in an asscher.

emmy88

Rough_Rock
And this is the 1.05 G VS1 5.70x5.70 from Brian Gavin

I did talk with Brian today. He said there is a darker area in the center if you look at it, but that it looks fine when in motion. He said "it's a pretty stone" and he gave it a "one and a half thumbs" up instead of 2. He did not think taking addition pictures in a ring holder tilted as suggested by Karl would be useful. Instead, he recommended that I have the stone send to me to decide for myself. What do you think?

1.05 HVS1 asscher picture.jpg

1.05 HVS1 asscher ASET.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
The BGD would be my pick ( :love: ), but I'm not an expert. It's just the most appealing to my eye.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1330396573|3136052 said:
The BGD would be my pick ( :love: ), but I'm not an expert. It's just the most appealing to my eye.

Same here. It is also a good bit larger than the other G VS1 stone. I'd take a look at it and see what you think!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
BGD stone is a better pick- to me at least

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
I like the BGD as well! Very pretty.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BGD hand down. :appl:

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input and votes. Do you think I should have them send me the diamond to take a look first before making a final decision? Lesley said it would cost around $100 (to send it back to them and for them to send it back after mounting, if I decided to go with the stone).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen asschers this size in real life? If not, then I think you should send for it. I have .65 each round stud earrings and their diameter is over 5.6mm. I just want to be sure you realize how small they face up in order to be certain about the setting. Gypsy had her asscher set in a beautiful halo and I think that is very complimentary to the stone as well as giving a size boost overall.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
emmy88|1330395519|3136042 said:
The attached ASET image would lead you to believe that this diamond has weaker light performance than diamond (.90ct asscher I previously posted) under the table but the gemologist feels otherwise. While the .90 ct diamond has nice light performance, the gemologist determined that this 1.05 FSI1 diamond is even brighter and offers stronger fire and brilliance."

What is your assessment? Would very much appreciate your feedack.
I thought that would be the case, marginal p3 facets like that can take a lot out of a stone, hence the article to watch out for them and why I said to look for it when you saw it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
emmy88|1330406096|3136168 said:
Thank you all for your input and votes. Do you think I should have them send me the diamond to take a look first before making a final decision? Lesley said it would cost around $100 (to send it back to them and for them to send it back after mounting, if I decided to go with the stone).
imho it is rarely a bad idea to take a look first.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl_K|1330413827|3136216 said:
emmy88|1330406096|3136168 said:
imho it is rarely a bad idea to take a look first.

I agree.

How are you planning on setting it?

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your feedback. I think James Allen is willing to send the F SI1 for me to examine and ship back for free. They have a generous 60 days free return policy. Do you think it is worthwhile to take a look at that one too to compare?

The only concern I have with the BGD one is that Brian did not seem too enthusiastic about it with an only one and a half thumbs up. But then, for a $4500 purchase, may be it is not the best but pretty good for the price.

I like the BG Grace setting in rose gold. I am into rose gold. Several years ago I have Whiteflash reset my princess in their legato micropave in rose gold. I am hoping that the Grace will go with the matching legato wedding band I have.

I am a small person with a 3.25 ring size. So I think a 1ct asscher is pretty good size for me.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
emmy88|1330443601|3136338 said:
Thanks for all your feedback. I think James Allen is willing to send the F SI1 for me to examine and ship back for free. They have a generous 60 days free return policy. Do you think it is worthwhile to take a look at that one too to compare?
For free why not?
Even if you had to pay a small shipping fee it might be worth it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
emmy88|1330443601|3136338 said:
The only concern I have with the BGD one is that Brian did not seem too enthusiastic about it with an only one and a half thumbs up.
That kind of bugs me also.
I have found Brian to be very honest in his descriptions. Did he say what he didn't like about it?
Does he think he can find a better one?

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Brian just said he did see a darker area in the center when the diamond is not moving, but he did not have much else to say about it. In general, he just said it was a pretty diamond. I got the sense he was much not interested in it. He said if I wanted to have more brillance, I should get a round. I told him I like the uniqueness of the asscher, and he tried to sell me his Quadex for uniqueness, which I don't particularly like.

I did send for both the James Allen F SI1 and the BGD HVS1 today so I can look at both and see if I would like one over the other. If not, then I can search again.

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone:

I received both the BGD and James Allen asschers. Much to my surprise, I, and a few co-workers I showed it to, like the James Allen F SI1 better. It is very bright and has good sparkles. Moving it around, I can see diamond colors, such as yellow and blue. Is it because it has medium blue fluorescence? The BGD one that everyone liked is pretty, but it is just kind of flat. When I put them side by side on paper, they do not look much different. However, when I put each on the ring holder that came with the James Allen diamond, the FSI1 just have a lot of life to it. I cannot see the inclusions, but under the loop, there are quite a few of them. The people I showed it to cannot see it either. I think most of us are around 45-50 and we can't see the details in such a small object that well anymore! As compared to the .90ct James Allen asscher, this FSI1 has more life and because it's 5.63mm vs 5.38mm, everyone, including me, can see a bit more of the steps in it and find it brighter and defined. I think I am going to sit on it over the weekend before making a final decision. Thank you for all your help.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a winner, then. The "eyes" have it, so trust what you see!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is why fancy's need to be seen. Great reminder emmy! I've learned a lot from your journey.

Brian doesn't sell duds. He's honest. If he says he's not impressed, then that carries a lot of weight with me. COUPLE THAT with your own observations of seeing the stones in person and getting an idea of their personalities and their performance in different lighting, well... you can't beat that.

I'm very impressed with James Allen's savvy, honestly. They obviously knew they had a beautiful stone and wanted to make sure you had the opportunity to see what they saw before discarding.

Plus the price on that puppy was fabulous!!! And it's an F color. If you can't see it, it's all good, as you are the one wearing it!

The Grace in Rose Gold for the setting on a 3.25 finger. Oh it's going to be GORGEOUS! I can NOT wait to see it.

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Gypsy, Since it was you who directed me to take a look at the James Allen's stone. I am also glad that Karl gave me the push to send for the James Allen stone as well. I almost dismiss it since no one was voting for it and everyone here liked the BGD pictures better. Like you and all the others who told me, I have to take a look at them to decide. James Allen does have a very good return policy and service. They sent out the stone for free with free returns, and I have 60 days to decide. No other store has that. I know there has been others who have not been pleased with James Allen's service lately, but luckily, I have had no problems with them. My credit card transaction was easy and I got the stone the next day. I was able to also look at the .90ct asscher without any cost to me. Thanks for all of you on pricscope for your help. Just as a thank you, I am posting a picture of my princess cut that I got 10 years ago before discovering pricescope. Side by side with the FSI stone, despite the princess being a D VS1, the FSI1 asscher is so much brighter! A good cut always wins out!

Legato Micropave with princess cut.jpg

legata wedding band 1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results