shape
carat
color
clarity

New Anniversary Band

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
During the summer sometimes my anniversary band doesn't fit too well so recently I decided I would get another band to wear on those warm days. I wanted something different than my normal band so I decided to look at sapphire diamond bands. My solitaire is YG and most of the rings I found were WG so I ended up buying a .21 ctw sapphire diamond band in WG. The ones I ruled out had bigger carat weight or were more decorative bands; I decided against them because they would either scratch my solitaire band, they were too wide or took away from the diamond. I eventually decided to get this band and left it to be sized. When it showed up in the mail on Wednesday I put it on and soon found I didn't really like it all that well with my solitaire. The difference in metal colors was more noticeable than I thought it would be and while it didn't look bad it wasn't really something I wanted to wear with my solitaire.

Blueband.jpg

Blueband4.jpg

Blueband5.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was debating about going back and trying on some of the YG bands again when I decided to try it with one of my WG sapphire RHR. I think it looks great with it so I'll probably just keep the new band now. I can have a sapphire wedding set if I want to just wear something different and of course I can always wear these as a RHR.

Blueband3.jpg

Blueband2.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree the band looks better with the RHR WG. I do like the band though, very pretty :)

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
The band is nice and versatile between the other 2 rings.. Congrats, you made a good purchase

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty band and it looks really great with the RHR!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snooper|1316938903|3024907 said:
I have to agree the band looks better with the RHR WG. I do like the band though, very pretty :)

Totally agree. It looks great with your RHR.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely looks the best with your RHR. Sometimes different colors mix well - sometimes not. At least you have an alternative - and the new band is very pretty!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pretty! Where's it from?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band is lovely. I love all of your blueberry-blue sapphires. You surprised me with white gold. Good for you! (I've got both too and I love having options)!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone.

Snooper, I was very happy it looked so good with my RHR.

Mitsui4, I like having rings I can switch around.

Thanks Diamondrnglover, Amys Bling and Centralsquare.

MissGotRocks, I thought the YG and WG looked pretty good together at first but it sure didn’t suit me when I got it home. I could return or exchange the band but I am sure I’ll wear it with my RHR.

Motownmama, thank you. I got it at the Shane Company. They have some YG bands with pink sapphires. I may try one of them on the next time I visit the store. I am not adverse to pink sapphires either. They also have some diamond scattered bands.

Gemgirl, I love that shade of blue sapphire too. I think blue sapphires look great in WG and yes it’s fun to have options.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
love it! :twirl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new band with the sapphire RHR - it's nice to have another e-ring + w-band :love: set when you're in the mood to add some color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Catwalk and PintoBean.

PintoBean, I actually have thought of having a WG or sapphire wedding set - now I do. It's nice to be able to change things out or add some color.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
really pretty band! I think it looks great with your RHR.

also your upgrade is just gorgeous :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sig. When we got my upgrade we must have tried on 3 dozen anniversary bands before we both found one that looked good with the solitaire and didn't take away from the diamond. I think that is more my problem than the WG. I know I'll wear it with the sapphire RHR a lot. That is one of my favorite rings.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
I think this Sapphire set is very pretty, it's so fun to have another option to suit the weather (or your mood)! Enjoy :wavey:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy, it looks fantastic with both rings! I've tried on those alternating channel set sapphires more than a few times, and really really someday would like to have one! what a great ring to alternate with and love the pop of color. Looks beautiful on you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you LucyLoo. I really like sapphires so it will be fun to have a CS wedding set.

Thank you D&T. I hope you get a gemstone and diamond band some day too. The pink sapphires were bright enough to add color which kind of surprised me because I thought they might blend or be pale.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I love it with your colored stone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you TyTy333. It's a nice bright blue. I like the color better on this than I do my traditional blue sapphire which is a royal blue.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy anniversary, beautiful! :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Looks great with your sapphire ring! It's nice to be able to switch it up whenever you feel like wearing something different.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Marcy your new band is just gorgeous and the sapphires have fantastic color! I too prefer it with your sapphire ring and think that makes a great set. You have such beautiful rings!!!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I love it with the RHR too! TDF!!! :cheeky: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Skippy.

Thank you, Stargurl. I enjoy wearing different rings even with my ering.

Thank you, Sundial. Sooner or later I am going to have to turn in my ering to be sized so I will have a nice blue wedding set to wear for a few days.

Gem Anemone, thank you. I appreciate it.

I honestly think I really like my normal anniversary band so much it’s hard to find something else that I like with my ering. It gives me an excuse to buy something new. :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done Marcy!

cheers--Sharon

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your new band looks stunning with your sapphire soliatire.

But in fact, setting my original yg solitaire with a sapphire is at the top of my wishlist, to go with my 5th anni. sapphire band, so I just might be a little biased on the combo...but your rings are still beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Sharon.

Thank you KaeKae. Great idea to set your original solitaire with a sapphire especially to go with your pretty sapphire band. I love sapphires. :appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
L :love: vely new band!! Beautiful Blues!!!! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results