shape
carat
color
clarity

New anniversary band and question

ilc

Rough_Rock

Is it common or ok to have a band that is about 2.5 times more in width than the engagement ring? My engagement ring is a very thin band and purchased with a matching diamond band in the same width, but the diamonds were very small. For my anniversary, I got a band with larger diamonds, so of course the band became larger to accommodate the large diamonds.

I’ve seen pictures where the ring set is the same in width?

The attached picture doesn’t look like there is much difference in width, but yes, my new band is about 2.5 times wider.

My old band was only a total of .11 and my new band is a total of .50 (channel set, 9 diamonds).

ring & anniversary band.JPG

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
i like it =o)~

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that they look really good together. I dont think there is any "right" answer to your question. You may be worrying that the
wedding band is overshadowing your e-ring but I disagree. I really like the added bling and I think they look lovely together.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks good. It''s all a matter of personal taste.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfect the way it is!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
They look great together! Would love to see a hand shot.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I like it. What do you think? that''s the real question
2.gif

ilc

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for all your kind replies. I do like it, but I am noticing the difference in width. It doesn''t look like there is much in the pictures but in person, clearly a very thin engagement band and a thicker wedding band.

I didn''t take a hand shot because my hands don''t seem to photograph well. Also, my fingers are short and not very thin so I knew I wouldn''t be able to wear 2 thick bands.

I am very happy with the new anniversary band which is a LOT larger than my previous one, which is only less than 2 years old.

We had orginally planned to have my solitaire changed to a Tacori setting, but since I''m in Canada, I had concerns since we don''t have a Tacori store, just a part of a jewellery store that sells Tacori, so if I had a problem with the setting, it would have to be sent back to California.

Perhaps I''ll get used to it with time, just noticing that most people''s bands are the same width as their engagmement ring and wondering if that really is or not.

ilc

Rough_Rock
I''ll try to take a picture of a hand shot and see if the difference is more noticeable, would love your feedback for that as well!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
frankly I totally prefer the difference in width, but if YOU don''t that''s the person who matters.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto - what do YOU think? That''s all that matters
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You dont need to worry about how your hands photograph...we come in all shapes and sizes here on PS!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All that matters is that YOU love it. Don''t worry about anyone else''s opinion. But since you asked.....
3.gif
, I think they look great together, and I know what you mean about very small stones and small carat weights. Give me big juicy sparklers any day of the week!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great - it''s a lovely band :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look great together and if you like it that is all that matters.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think it looks great!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think they look nice together.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen all different combinations of widths for erings and wedding bands. I think your set looks lovely, but ultimately it''s up to you whether you like the look or not!

ilc

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone! You have reassured me that the rings do indeed look well together, it just took some time to adjust. Here is the hand picture that I promised.

Palais Royale May 19-2010 021.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great together! I think there are no rules what looks good together; it''s just important that you like it.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I think they look great together! I agree there is no right or wrong answer to something like this. It''s all about what you like and feel comfortable with!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Looks great to me! and I think your hand looks great with your set.
2.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks PERFECT together!!!! I think you were just not used to it; many many many are NOT same width.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the rings look very nice together - congrats on the anniversary!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it! Stunning set
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are perfect together!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
The set looks great!
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I love your set!! I think the two rings look perfect together. I don''t mind the width difference at all, it actually makes it look more interesting than the classic matchy look IMO.
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results