shape
carat
color
clarity

New and wanting to share my e-ring!

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
Hello- I have been lurking for months and you all have been so helpful in our e-ring search! Well, it has come time to show off my new e-ring! However, I keep trying to upload my pictures and it gives me the message "the extension is not allowed." Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks! I would love to share pictures so please help :)

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
Let's see if this will work! 2.05 ct solitaire (replica of Vatche Caroline) and still waiting for the appraisal. We went through a local trusted jeweler (who has done work for us before) who appraised the stone at J/K, Si2/I1, Very Good Cut, tentatively, but felt we needed another unbiased appraisal since she sold it to us! I'm so excited to share this with everyone here! More pics to come!

eringsunny.jpg

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
Oh and ring size 4.75! (This is very exciting to finally post here after months of lurking :)

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
More pictures! (excuse the dry hands)

ering1.jpg

ering2.jpg

ering3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovemycat557|1333674654|3164586 said:
Let's see if this will work! 2.05 ct solitaire (replica of Vatche Caroline) and still waiting for the appraisal. We went through a local trusted jeweler (who has done work for us before) who appraised the stone at J/K, Si2/I1, Very Good Cut, tentatively, but felt we needed another unbiased appraisal since she sold it to us! I'm so excited to share this with everyone here! More pics to come!

Let us know how it turns out.

cheers--Sharon

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's lovely

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, on your engagement! You have a lovely and elegant ring.

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of your kind posts! We have been on a search for a ring for over 6 months....I just did not know what I wanted and it took a long searching process to narrow it down. Any comments are welcome! I am just so happy to share this project with everyone :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a lovely ring!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! What a large diamond and what tiny fingers! To die for!

I'd definitely get an appraisal from someone other than the jeweler you purchased from. Since she's the seller, she can tell you anything just to get you to purchase! But I'm the type that's always paranoid of every salesman ;-)

Or, send it out to get a GIA or AGS certificate? That way you know it's a legitimate grading?

I know a lot of appraisers out there are quite bogus, and though they're GIA graduates, they still grade loosely, or wayyyy overprice their appraisal values so that you "feel" like you got a good deal, and feel happy with their results. But that only rips you off in the long run with insurance premiums and is only a false positive.

Good luck and let us know!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so stunning and huge!! Congratulations!!! :appl: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Lovely stone on such tiny fingers - I'm jealous!! Enjoy and congratulations on your engagement.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's looks like a beautiful stone, great size and lovely setting. Enjoy wearing that rock :love: :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! You must be thrilled!!!

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
The appraisal appointment is early next week so I should know by mid-week...then straight to the insurance company (for peace of mind!). Thanks for your advice on the appraisal process. I agree that we def. needed another appraisal and even the seller told us that, out of good conscience I hope :) Anyways thank you all for your comments...I feel very lucky. More comments welcome!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
It looks gorgeous! I am curious, did it have a certificate of any sort when you bought it or did you go off the specs of what the jeweler told you and how it looked to your eye? I am looking at an estate diamond, similar size, with an EGL cert (I know not great) but eye clean, great color and I like the price.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is lovely, congratulations!!!!!

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
It was an uncerted stone and we went off of the seller's specs (as she has also ordered it-and many others-from her own vendors). I know this may be a no-no especially on Pricescope. She also brought in other GIA and EGL certed stones for us to look at in comparison. We have also worked with her on other projects (non-diamond, though) and really trust her. So with the trust factor, and feeling no pressure from her, as well as being able to see certed diamonds in comparison, and the price(!) we felt comfortable with this. I hope that helps...

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
At work! Reflecting off of the light yellow-greenish walls and dim lamp lighting.

ering5.jpg

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
On my new ring stand (from future mother-in-law...just came in the mail yesterday! A surprise gift :) this morning with a little sunlight coming into the bedroom...

ering11.jpg

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
Another on the ring stand with sunlight coming into the bedroom

ering12.jpg

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
It does help! I have learned just enough lurking around here to make life more difficult. I wanted a solitaire, now I want a Victor Canera halo. I'd like a stone closer to the higher end of the 2 ct range but if I went with a Gia ex ex ex, etc it would be out of my price range! So I am checking out some estate diamonds locally that have all been eye clean but don't score as well when I plug the details into the HCA. Well a month or so ago I didn't even know what the HCA was! So I am debating a bit, beautiful stone, I love it, like the price, etc. If I didn't know everything I know now, I would be perfectly happy with it now I just question myself. To make matters worse, there are two stones I like, one is quite a bit bigger but both eye clean, etc.....one f color one g color...this per EGL so I figure at worst, H or even I at GIA but not yellow to me. Glad to know someone else has similar thoughts!!

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
against the blue comforter (excuse the cat hair)...handshot!

ering13.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovemycat557|1333721107|3164877 said:
The appraisal appointment is early next week so I should know by mid-week...then straight to the insurance company (for peace of mind!). Thanks for your advice on the appraisal process. I agree that we def. needed another appraisal and even the seller told us that, out of good conscience I hope :) Anyways thank you all for your comments...I feel very lucky. More comments welcome!

yes peace of mind for what you have AND most importantly for insurance! ::)

Thanks for posting new pictures. It seriously looks amazing on your teeny tiny fingers. And what a thoughtful gift from the FMIL!

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
I originally had my heart set on a round halo as well! But when I went to try on MANY different halo styles, nothing really spoke to me. Funny how pictures can look so different than on your hand in real-life! Yes, I was willing to go down in color for the size. The 2 carat size is my sweet spot and that I did have my heart set on...I do notice the warmth when it's cloudy out but it doesn't bother me that much because most of the day I am in my office! Also, as pricescopers have pointed out...people cannot tell when it is not side by side with another diamond. I have gotten many comments on how white it is from people at work. Either way, I just feel lucky to have such a beautiful stone. If I hold it up to my face I can see a tiny carbon spot RIGHT in the middle but it is well hidden by the culet, as the seller pointed out. Another reason why I enjoyed working with her...she did not try to hide anything from us and was very up-front. There is another inclusion that is partly hidden by a prong. I just think of it as birthmarks. :)

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
One of the things about the stones, neither has a dark spot just some inclusions you can see with the loupe. And I don't want to sacrifice size, like you. Well thanks for the vote of confidence I am going to look at them again today. Do you know what kind of WB you want?

lovemycat557

Rough_Rock
No idea about the WB yet. One thing at the time! Another thing I had to keep in mind during this process....while I would have loved to have a GIA certed stone with excellent specs, price was a factor (no getting around that!). I had to remember that at the end of the day, I am not going to be wearing a ring with a piece of paper as the center stone :) So...you have to go with what looks good to YOUR eye and what captures your heart.

Also, seeing the stone compared to others really helped me see what a difference the cut makes. This stone had more fire and brilliance to my eye (and the sellers) than many of the other stones. She said (and I know she is the seller, but this is why we are getting another appraisal) that in GIA terms it would be considered a Very Good Cut, which is the next best to Ideal. She called it a Premium cut in her own terms, which she said was close to Ideal, and was surprised that her vendor sent her such a well cut stone even though the clarity was lower. The cut definitely made up for that.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Well your ring looks great in the pics (great finger coverage too) so I think you lucked out. Plus you are happy with the stone and the number. Ultimately that is what counts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results