shape
carat
color
clarity

New Amethyst Ring - Early Valentine''s Day gift!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
I just bought this ring for myself. My husband said to go out and find something I like but don't spend a ton. So, I saw this and I love it! I love Amethysts as I tend to wear a lot of blues, pinks, and purples and I think they go with just about everything.

Amethyst ring.jpg

Beautiful!! Please post hand shots if you can! I love the checkerboard faceting on that amethyst!

It''s a really beautiful ring! I love the faceting on the stone.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ooooo, It''s gorgeous! I just love that deep purple color. I agree, we need hand shots.
36.gif
36.gif

HI:

Swaeeeet! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

that is very pretty!! :)

Here is my first attempt at taking a handshot. I would wear this on my right hand, but I am right handed and need to take the pictures. I was in the bathroom and had my 12 year old son coming in a laughing at me trying to take a picture. This should give you a good idea of the ring. It was just sized today at a size 5 but I think it needs to be re-sized again to a 4.75 or a 4.5.

Very pretty! Love that color.

I will post them for you, give me a sec...

This picture is distorted, scroll down.

pict49586.jpg

What the hell happened there?!?!

Again:

pict49586mn.jpg

Thank you FireGoddess. But, the ring looks better in the picture at the top of the thread. LOL! My hand looks so HUGE in the picture I took. And, I only have a 4.5 size ring and a very small hand. Oh well. I don't take good pictures yet.

How did you post that picture? When I tried to do it, the file size kept coming up too large.

The first picture without distortion.

pict49586mno.jpg

Lol, FG!!! That was pretty funny!
9.gif

Beautiful ring beeweaver!!!

I don''t know how the picture got distorted in the first try because I scale the whole thing down to size proportionally, not in a single direction. That was a weird fluke.

I usually crop down and shrink pictures in Powerpoint.
1.gif

Date: 2/9/2007 7:42:14 PM
Author: FireGoddess
What the hell happened there?!?!

Again:

I was thinking the same thing! LOL!

That is a lovely ring and it fits your hand perfectly. What a nice Valentine''s Day gift!!!

Congratulations!!! It''s very nice. I just love the color and the setting looks great too. How about some side shots of the setting?

What a pretty ring!

Where did you get it from?

Yummo!!!!
30.gif
The amethyst is such a pretty color, and love it's faceting. Enjoy!!!

Date: 2/9/2007 9:41:17 PM
Author: Sophie
What a pretty ring!

I actually bought it at Whitehall Jewelers. I live in the Chicago area. I was pleasantly surprised and a very nice price of $199. I need to go have it resized again tomorrow to a 4.5. For $28 you get a 3 year warranty and they will size it, rhodium plate it, replace or repair anything on it. I think it is worth it just for the rhodium plating alone. They have a jeweler there in the store almost everyday and can do it within an hour or so. I like going there to get some of my yellow gold pieces rhodium plated and it lasts for about 18 months on my yellow gold pieces.

I will try to get some good side shots as well.

How lovely!! The setting is gorgeous and looks great on you!

Here is another shot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Beeweaver/PICT0099.jpg

and another!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Beeweaver/PICT0097.jpg

I like the Vintage look and the price was right! I will be wearing at my brother's wedding in California in a few weeks. I have a black dress with a few pink and purple flowers embroidered on the lower half of the dress. This should add some zing! I didn't want to spend a lot but I never thought I could get something so nice for that price. I truly was a "must have!" LOL!

Date: 2/9/2007 10:40:04 PM
Author: Beeweaver

What a pretty ring!

I actually bought it at Whitehall Jewelers. I live in the Chicago area. I was pleasantly surprised and a very nice price of $199. I need to go have it resized again tomorrow to a 4.5. For $28 you get a 3 year warranty and they will size it, rhodium plate it, replace or repair anything on it. I think it is worth it just for the rhodium plating alone. They have a jeweler there in the store almost everyday and can do it within an hour or so. I like going there to get some of my yellow gold pieces rhodium plated and it lasts for about 18 months on my yellow gold pieces.

wow AWESOME!!!! I browse the whitehalls website bc there isn''t one here closeby so that when I am back home in upstate NY I know just where to go shopping... hehehehe

Date: 2/10/2007 9:55:36 AM

Date: 2/9/2007 10:40:04 PM
Author: Beeweaver

What a pretty ring!

wow AWESOME!!!! I browse the whitehalls website bc there isn''t one here closeby so that when I am back home in upstate NY I know just where to go shopping... hehehehe
I did see it at Fred Meyer Jewelrs as well. But, they would have had to send it out for sizing and it would take a week. I like to get my jewelry right then and there. LOL! I want it NOW! There is also a matching necklace and earrings. But, I wouldn''t wear those as much as I like to wear a diamond necklace and earrings. The ring was perfect and a great price. I got my fix for now.

Ohhh that''s beautiful! If I had seen that, I would have considered it for my e ring along with the one I have now. Isn''t Amy so yummy?

I took my ring in today to have it resized and happened to see one just like it with a raspberry colored stone. It was at Rogers and Hollands. I went in and asked about it. I could NOT believe what they told me. The raspberry stone was a created sapphire but it was the exact same setting as my Amethyst and they wanted $450 for it on sale! Are they crazy??? for a created stone?? Just goes to prove you really need to shop around!

oooooooooh, gorgeous

Wow, it looks great and amethyst is such a beautiful color. A great choice and so much more affordable than diamonds. You''ve got my approval.... it''s fab!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics