carat
color
clarity

New Akoya Studs from Andrew Moline

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope made me do it!

First 3 pics are Andrew’s. I’d seen his name mentioned here before and casually followed his IG for awhile; found his wares impressive. I’m not necessarily a pearl novice, but far (oh so far) from an expert. I waited, I watched. A couple months ago I decided I wanted to add a top quality set of Pearl studs to my collection and started seriously looking at options, between Mikimoto and AM. His won out and recently I reached out about a pair of 7-7.5 “gem quality” studs.

As an aside, everything I buy these days is with the intention of passing down to my daughter. I did some spending on “playthings” jewelry-wise last year and now I’m getting a bit more serious.

When I started corresponding with Andrew, he let me know that he had a set of pre-loved 8-8.5 mm gem quality studs that had recently been traded in. (He has a trade-in program for those of you reading who don’t know.) I wasn’t necessarily searching for bigger is better, but I am accustomed to wearing 8.5-9+ (mall quality) studs. When he sent me the pics it was an exceedingly obvious choice to buy the pre-loved pair. So I did. :)

I’m very happy with my decision and am including a shot of the pearls with my newly acquired VCA MOP pieces.

IMG_0243.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0250.jpeg
    IMG_0250.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 35

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty pearls!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re so luscious! Beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh those are so gorgeous and go well with the VCAs!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. Andrew has a keen eye and discerning taste. Congratulations on a lovely pair, and how great that they are in your preferred size range!

Did I mention that my forthcoming birthday present is from him? Watch this space...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

2die4

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Andrew has a keen eye and discerning taste. Congratulations on a lovely pair, and how great that they are in your preferred size range!

Did I mention that my forthcoming birthday present is from him? Watch this space...

Ooooh, exciting!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So fabulous!!!
Honey, we need ear shots!!

Haha I knew someone was going to call me out for not including ear shots! I’m in packing mode for vacation in a couple days but I’ll try to get some. My poor old piercings are uneven, so you’re getting a single ear at best. I always forget about their asymmetry until I wear studs, then I harken back to the mall piercing kiosk and remember my mother (who has never pierced her ears) didn’t know to check to make sure the piercer got them evenly done!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I knew someone was going to call me out for not including ear shots! I’m in packing mode for vacation in a couple days but I’ll try to get some. My poor old piercings are uneven, so you’re getting a single ear at best. I always forget about their asymmetry until I wear studs, then I harken back to the mall piercing kiosk and remember my mother (who has never pierced her ears) didn’t know to check to make sure the piercer got them evenly done!

Oh I have the same issue with my second piercings. One is closer to the first than the other and it drives me crazy. [Mall done] I almost always wear drops of some sort in the first holes because it is less noticeable. I always only do a one ear shot, lol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I have the same issue with my second piercings. One is closer to the first than the other and it drives me crazy. [Mall done] I almost always wear drops of some sort in the first holes because it is less noticeable. I always only do a one ear shot, lol.

I had my daughter’s done at the mall last year (the tattoo/piercing places wanted her birth certificate which I didn’t feel comfortable with) and I made sure the girl got her ears marked completely straight and centered! Lol

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Lovely earrings! Congratulations and wear them in good health!

BoonGrrl

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous. Alhambra and pearls! ♥️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results