shape
carat
color
clarity

new ags certs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they or are they not measuring the and reporting the girdle different than they were?
Im getting conflicting reports.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
strm, maybe john''s comments in this thread can shed some light on your question (?)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks belle does a little but he''s one of the people that are saying one thing and some others another.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What exactly are the new age certs???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Storm!!!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 1:44:15 PM
Author: strmrdr
thanks belle does a little but he''s one of the people that are saying one thing and some others another.
My info is from one of the diamond graders at AGS labs. I sure hope she''s right.
37.gif

Old System:

Min and max both measured at the valleys (middle of the scallops).

New System:

The minimum is still being taken from the valleys.

The maximum is now taken from the mountains (the thickest part - most often where the bezel and the main meet or halfway between - where the red dots are on the diagram).

On the chart maximum thicknesses have been changed to accomodate the bigger area, since averages will now read as bigger.

What else are you hearing, Strm?

AGSGirdleThickChart3.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah that makes sence now.
Was clear as mud before.
I think everyone may have been saying the same thing but in very different ways.
I got it now.
So the min listed is the thinist it is at any point and the max the thickest at any point on the girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results