shape
carat
color
clarity

New .65ct OMC (?) from eBay

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is in great nick and was advertised as vintage... not sure about that, but it''s pretty sturdy and neat, plus I plan to reset it down the road, just not sure into what, yet!
10.gif

A couple of the pics appear to have swirly inclusions but I think they''re my fingerprints
41.gif
It''s 100% eyeclean, and H colour. It was advertised as an Old Mine Cut, but it''s PERFECTLY round, so I''m not so sure. OEC perhaps? Great kozibe effect happening. It''s the first old cut I''ve ever seen in person, and my goodness, I''ll never go back! It''s super WHITE, and the huge rainbow flashes it throws at me are mesmerising.

OMC 001.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s in a 14k yellow gold tapered 6 prong setting. Sorry about the hideous way it looks in the pics, it''s night time here and these were the best I could manage with the lighting. I''ll try and get some outdoors ones tomorrow.

OMC 002.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better shot of the setting.

OMC 003.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again.

I''m waiting on a .50ct OEC in a ring as well, which will hopefully be here tomorrow. Can''t wait!

OMC 004.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That ring is fabulous!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Definitely an OEC by the looks of it Andi, and a very pretty one at that - great job girl
36.gif

Did they give you specs on colour and clarity?
When you have a minute do you mind to post some pics of the profile/side view of the ring?

Congrats on a gorgeous find!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo..super yummy!

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
I have to agree with AJ. It definitely looks like an OEC and a pretty one at that.
9.gif

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
stunning!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

spicytuna

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankyou, lovely Tuckins! I can''t get over the fire these old cuts have! I LOVE it!!

aj, I was really hoping you''d chime in with your expert opinion!
9.gif
I actually wanted an OEC, the OMCs don''t do it for me like OECs do, but of course I''ve only seen old cuts on pictures, and the vendor pics of this baby looked great, so I thought I''d give it a go anyway, and I''m glad I did!! I''ll post a few daylight pics, there''s some profile ones in there for you, sweets. Thanks SO much!! xoxo

Thankyou so much MTG! I just can''t get over the chunks of colour that come off this thing!
heyjudes, thankyou for your very valued opinion! I was secretly hoping it would turn out to be an OEC! You''ve made my day!
36.gif

Thankyou spicytuna and helitrope! Isn''t eBay awesome sometimes?!

Onto some daylight pics!

OMC 005.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops aj I forgot to mention it was advertised as an eyeclean SI1, H colour.

OMC 009.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAAAHHH, Fluffzilla!!
14.gif

Sorry folks!

OMC 010.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile pic for our dear aj!

OMC 011.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is a bit crooked, but I find that a tad endearing
9.gif

OMC 012.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit further back.

Thanks for looking!
35.gif

OMC 014.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 12:30:46 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Thankyou, lovely Tuckins! I can''t get over the fire these old cuts have! I LOVE it!!

aj, I was really hoping you''d chime in with your expert opinion!
9.gif
I actually wanted an OEC, the OMCs don''t do it for me like OECs do, but of course I''ve only seen old cuts on pictures, and the vendor pics of this baby looked great, so I thought I''d give it a go anyway, and I''m glad I did!! I''ll post a few daylight pics, there''s some profile ones in there for you, sweets. Thanks SO much!! xoxo

Onto some daylight pics!

hey Andi - lol, expert at spending $$, not much else
9.gif
2.gif

Going from the new pics it is certainly an OEC with what looks like a very pretty cut - however, please clean the poor baby!
3.gif

Cheers love for the extra photos - you know I love the yellow gold and the setting is def. letting in the maximum light - do you plan to re-set it at all?

Congrats again, it looks lovely
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to run with YUM on that one! It''s gorgeous!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!! Congrats on a terrific find! Luscious!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Second that terrific find! Isn''t old cut hunting tons of fun?

Beautiful ring!
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thankyou gorgeous SDL! I can''t stop playing with it it''s so sparkly! Hence how filthy it is
12.gif

aj, I know, I''m a terrible jewellery mother! *hangs head in shame* I was thinking about resetting it into a 6 or 8 prong basic solitaire, but with white gold claws to replace the yellow ones. Have to see what my jeweller can come up with!
Thanks gecko and Uppy, these old cuts have really got me now! I''m hooked! Thanks for the lovely comments, ladies!
35.gif

Thankyou zhuzhu, it sure is! The thrill of the hunt is amlost as fun as getting a new diamond! Almost.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a ridiculously gorgeous find!!!! Congratulations, Andi!!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! The setting looks ''60s- sooooo many OECs were reset in the ''60s it was a good bet. I guess they thought Deco was hideous at that time and were allll about "fixing" it.

Definitely an OEC. Gorgeous too!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankyou lovely Lauren! My main aim was to find an OEC that was at least half as gorgeous as yours!!
30.gif
30.gif

LGK, thanks so much for the info! I wasn''t sure if the setting was a repro or mockup or something, it''s nice to know it could have some history!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 8:57:37 PM

aj, I know, I''m a terrible jewellery mother! *hangs head in shame* I was thinking about resetting it into a 6 or 8 prong basic solitaire, but with white gold claws to replace the yellow ones. Have to see what my jeweller can come up with!

he he, I''ll forgive you Andi for providing more pretty peetures..
I am planning on setting my ebay OEC in an all RG 8 prong solitaire, and have gotten a quote from one vendor and waiting for a second..
Let me know if you are interested at all, or if you plan on going local
1.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, aj, sounds delish!! The perfect setting for me is on the James Allen website, I think I might just order it to size, and have my jeweller set the stone for me, which he's done several times for me before and does a lovely job... to have something made locally is looking pretty pricey, even in 9ct gold! I can get the setting at JA in 18ct and have it set for nearly half the price
40.gif

It's this one
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask what size of that stone is?

I like that JA setting!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 9:06:11 AM
Oooh, aj, sounds delish!! The perfect setting for me is on the James Allen website, I think I might just order it to size, and have my jeweller set the stone for me, which he''s done several times for me before and does a lovely job... to have something made locally is looking pretty pricey, even in 9ct gold! I can get the setting at JA in 18ct and have it set for nearly half the price
40.gif

It''s this one
30.gif

Oh that setting will be perfect Andi, very pretty and classic, perfect for an OEC - and what a great price!
I hadn''t even considered JA tbh..I quite like
this one, what do you think?
Unfortunately, no 8 prongs though
7.gif

I do wonder why JA''s stock settings are so much cheaper than other PS vendors..?
33.gif

Does anyone have info on this?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi MTG!
35.gif
It''s a .65ct, and about 5.5mm in diameter(?) Excuse the crude measurement, I had to use a ruler
41.gif

aj, aaahh yes I love the Timeless setting too, the basket is to die for! Their prices are far better than most, I did notice that too! I wonder if they could create a new basket to incorporate 8 prongs?

ludmila.k

Shiny_Rock
LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY
36.gif

Date: 6/2/2010 12:39:40 AM
A bit further back.

Thanks for looking!
35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results