shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.46 cttw studs! Thanks Jim Summa!!!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone, it's been a while! I have a lot of catching up to do... It has been a big jewelry year for me :)

The diamonds:
Jim Summa from Summa Jewelers in St. Louis did an amazing job searching for exactly what I wanted, and he found me some perfect stones. They are both eyeclean G SI2. One is .74ct, 5.86 - 5.80 x 3.53 and the other is .72ct, 5.82 - 5.80 x 3.54.

The settings (From 8-prongs to 4-prongs):
They are set in 14kt 4-prong Stuller settings, which I never thought I would have liked, but I love them! I originally had them in Stuller 8-prong settings, which I LOVED from the photos on PS, but I decided to switch them to 4-prongs. I loved the idea of the 8-prong, but I actually found that they made the diamonds appear smaller, rather than larger (and I should say that Jim even did a great job of making the prongs tiny). I know a lot of PS'ers might disagree with me, but I just found that my eye was drawn to the inner diameter of all of the prongs, rather than the outer diameter. The 8-prong settings also fit really close to my ear (which a lot of PS'ers love), but I found that I was missing any view of the diamonds except for straight-on. I didn't DIS-like the 8-prong settings, I just felt like they were missing something for me.

I asked Jim if I could test out some 4-prong settings to compare with the 8-prong. He went ahead and ordered my current settings for me to test out without me knowing anything about them other than that they would be 4-prong. When I picked them up, I didn't think I would like the settings, as I was expecting more basket-like settings, but I thought they would be worth a try and at least give me an idea of whether I liked 4 or 8 prongs. After wearing them around for a few days, I decided I LOVED these settings! They are the perfect balance of not sticking out too much from the ear (like many basket settings do), but also not sitting so close that they disappear unless you are looking at them straight on. They are also VERY open on the sides, which I love. This gives them a beautiful look from the sides, which I was missing with the 8-prongs. They are also much easier to clean. I NEVER would have picked out these settings myself because when they are not on the ear, they appear to have a TON of metal showing, but when they are on the ear, you see SO much diamond and barely any metal.

Again, I wouldn't expect you to love the way these settings look in the photos, but it is a TOTALLY different story when they are on the ears. I promise! :)

I have included some photos of a size/color comparisons of the studs next to my 1.53 D ering, as well. :))

And the photos.....

r12.jpg

_2398.jpg

_2400.jpg

_2401.jpg

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Many more photos.... I should also add that the diamonds are GIA graded.

Ear shots next...

_2402.jpg

_2403.jpg

_2404.jpg

_2406.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

I think they are beautiful! And it is YOUR ears and earrings! You love it! Who cares what anyone else thinks! I love the open basket!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! I like the settings - and sounds like the next little project down the line, will be pretty sweet!! I'm very fond of 3 stones, myself, so go for it!!

In the mean time tho, enjoy these awesome studs - fantastic size! Any ear shots coming up in the near future?? :naughty:

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
And that's all! Thanks for looking, and I hope this was somehow helpful!

_2407.jpg

_2408.jpg

_2409.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLINGY! They look incredible on your ear- PERFECT size for you!!! Thanks for posting! :appl:

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
YayTacori|1355615693|3332332 said:
I think they are beautiful! And it is YOUR ears and earrings! You love it! Who cares what anyone else thinks! I love the open basket!

Thanks Tacori! I love the open basket, too. I only mentioned that others might not like the settings from photos because I didn't initially like them until I put them on my ears. It is amazing how different jewelry is in photos or in a box versus in action! :)

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1355615819|3332334 said:
BEAUTIFUL! I like the settings - and sounds like the next little project down the line, will be pretty sweet!! I'm very fond of 3 stones, myself, so go for it!!

In the mean time tho, enjoy these awesome studs - fantastic size! Any ear shots coming up in the near future?? :naughty:

Thanks, Enerchi! I looove you 3-stone!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful studs and gorgeous hands! Wear them in health!

cheers--Shaorn

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great, and way to go Jim!!! I have not been in there in a while, I need to go give him a hug, the man did a hell of a job on my friends wedding band for her wedding last month :)

Hopefully we can get a little get together going at his shop soon.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1355620762|3332379 said:
They look great, and way to go Jim!!! I have not been in there in a while, I need to go give him a hug, the man did a hell of a job on my friends wedding band for her wedding last month :)

Hopefully we can get a little get together going at his shop soon.

Thanks, Ame! I love Jim. How fun would it be if we just ran into each other there one day! I hope we can have a get together, too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them!!! We are almost twins because my ring and earrings are very close to the same size as yours and my everyday necklace is the RC Tiny Treasures cross in white gold!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty studs. They look great on you too.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1355626673|3332439 said:
Love them!!! We are almost twins because my ring and earrings are very close to the same size as yours and my everyday necklace is the RC Tiny Treasures cross in white gold!!!

Diamondseeker, that is such a complement because I was just admiring your new studs thread!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
They are stunning EHR, I love the 4 prongs. Enjoy wearing them :wavey:

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Monnyjay|1355634379|3332491 said:
They are stunning EHR, I love the 4 prongs. Enjoy wearing them :wavey:

Thanks, Monnyjay!

Jim Summa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks EHR,
You are very nice to post this. It isn't often to have someone as excited about diamonds as you are, I really enjoyed the process. (And cracked up at your message alerting me to your thread!)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings! 4-prong baskets are my favorite setting too! Enjoy them!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
alene|1355704510|3333002 said:
Beautiful earrings! 4-prong baskets are my favorite setting too! Enjoy them!

Thanks, alene. Your studs are beautiful! And don't even get me started on your ering!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results