carat
color
clarity

Nervous Man!!

zeero3

Rough_Rock
I just put a diamond on reserve:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8389/

Of course I'm extremely nervous as this is a large purchase for me (very large) and I'm buying something I've only done homework on for about 2 weeks. But I can't see any reason NOT to choose this stone, considering my budget.

Concerns:
Looking at the inclusion, it looks like this is a "good" SI1 as it seems minor. I'm just concerned about the kind/type of inclusion and it's placement to the edge. Does anyone know what inclusion this is and should I be contacting the store for more information?

I would appreciate thoughts on purchasing this stone for the money. Comparisons, harsh criticism, etc, all welcome.

Thanks in advance

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me. The feather should be fine at SI1 level and should not be a problem to the durability of the stone, otherwise it will be an I1 or worse. You can call up GOG to double check, get an independent appraiser to look at it loose to triple check.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, Zeero,

It looks good to me but I am not expert. The good news is that you should have no problem getting lots of information on the stone in general and the inclusion, in particular, from your vendor. My experience is that GOG is honest and upfront about the characteristics of their stones. The website contains info on how they define "eye-clean" and you should be able to get specific feedback on this. I've worked with Jon and Sarah there and been very pleased.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful! And I agree with the others that Good Old Gold will answer any questions you may have about inclusions!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful and agree that the inclusion looks like it won't be an issue, I'm not an expert either, but I think that you got yourself a gorgeous diamond! GOG has a fantastic reputation around here and offer more information than many other vendors. Congratulations! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a real beauty. I would trust GOG to answer you questions about the inclusions.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
The key to getting answers, young man, is to ask! In addition to the inclusion, ask them why their ASET has that wonky green thing in only 1/2 of the center area (normally, this is all red).

zeero3

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your responses--it is giving me a bit more confidence, I must say. I have already begun asking a few questions to the folks over at GOG, and have already heard back. Thanks again,

antelope1,
Thanks for the push! You know, I noticed that partial green in the ASET; however, I have been seeing that this is usually all green and not usually all red. I have just seen over 6 diamonds on WF where the center is all (or about half) green--and these are their H&A signature cut. Am I missing something?

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
zeero3|1309897471|2962183 said:
antelope1,
Thanks for the push! You know, I noticed that partial green in the ASET; however, I have been seeing that this is usually all green and not usually all red. I have just seen over 6 diamonds on WF where the center is all (or about half) green--and these are their H&A signature cut. Am I missing something?

No, you're right -- all green. Sorry, I misspoke -- ask why it's partially red! =D

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the green in the center of the ASET does not matter

zeero3

Rough_Rock
Well, I pulled the trigger! Sarah at GOG was very good to communicate with and answered all of my questions. I am confident in this purchase and can't WAIT to see it with my own eyes. Only thing is, I have to wait to get it laser inscribed. From all the information I've seen on pricescope, laser inscribing isn't MANDATORY, but is a good idea, correct?

Stone-cold11|1309730964|2961253 said:
Looks good to me. The feather should be fine at SI1 level and should not be a problem to the durability of the stone, otherwise it will be an I1 or worse. You can call up GOG to double check, get an independent appraiser to look at it loose to triple check.

As soon as I get it, I will get an independent local appraiser (on the PS list of course) to check it out. I am much more at ease right now, but still anxious.....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the kind words zeero and glad to see this "nervous man" is no longer nervous. ::) We do everything within our means to bring peace of mind to the online transaction and we appreciate the opportunity to serve.

antelope1|1309897610|2962184 said:
zeero3|1309897471|2962183 said:
antelope1,

No, you're right -- all green. Sorry, I misspoke -- ask why it's partially red! =D

Hi antelope and thanks for the question. That center circle you see under the table facet is actually a reflection of the table on the pavilion. The table facet, being parallel to the horizon will generally draw in reflections from one of 2 places. Either the horizon (green in ASET) or from the 45-75 degree angular spectrum, from above or pink/red in the ASET.

The partial green/red you see in the center of the ASET is generally caused by the angles of the pavilion mains when they reach a threshold of about 40.75 degrees. And sure enough when you look at this G SI1's pavilion angles they are right at 40.8 which makes perfect sense.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Its my understanding that many diamonds over a ct are not inscribed. No two diamonds are the same, so any experienced jeweler or appraiser, would be able to tell your diamond apart from another with similiar characteristics. I can't see why inscribing your diamond would be a bad idea, it would be easy to determine that it was your diamond with a loupe, but if you are dealing with reputable vendors it shouldn't be necessary.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results