shape
carat
color
clarity

Nervous about recent purchase, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cyanez

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased the following stone for about $6400. I still have 30 days to return it so I am covered if I don't like it for any reason. But I wanted to get this group's thoughts because I got nervous after describing the stone to Fred Cuellar (The Diamond Guy) and being told that the stone is probably about $1000 too expensive.

Here is the info:
Round Brilliant
1.12 carats
SI1
E
Girdle: Med to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Flourescence: None

AGS 0 1.127
diam: 6.73 (6.72 - 6.74) x 4.12
Depth: 61.2%
Crown: 34.7' 15.7% 0
Pavil: 40.7' 42.6% 0
Table: 3.66mm 54.4% 0
Culet: 0.4 x V. Small 0

Any information or insight this group might provide would be appreciated. Thank you!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2002 2:04:37 PM

But I wanted to get this group's thoughts because I got nervous after describing the stone to Fred Cuellar (The Diamond Guy) and being told that the stone is probably about $1000 too expensive.

----------------

I am assuming you did not purchased from Fred C. If you did your stone wouldn't be warped, wouldn't be overpriced and just about perfect. Fred C is the only one who has perfect diamonds at perfect prices. No one else sells represented stones. Have I put the 'fear of God' into you yet?

From a personal viewpoint, I wasted my money on his book. I found many inconsistencies w/ Fred's world and the REAL world.

If you are concerned, run a pricescope check on your stone. Price seems in line.

If your numbers are correct then the HCA came up .9 w/ excellent in all except spread (very good) - could account for the tad thicker girdle (which will give you a little more protection)

Good luck and if you like it go for it. If you have any reservations, your money might be well spent getting an INDEPENDENT appraisal. I would be leary of an off the cuff appraisal from someone with an agenda & conflict of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results