shape
carat
color
clarity

Nervous about recent order

pewpewp3w

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just took the plunge and ordered a lab diamond from Adiomer last night. I've tried my best to learn from pricescope and apply those learnings in my purchase, but I'm starting to feel a bit anxious about my decision. Can you kind folks take a look?

I'm especially concerned about clouding and color nuance as I don't really trust my eyes. Appreciate all the help!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut-wise it's very good, but it does have slight blue nuance. Can you still cancel the order?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about one of these options?

pewpewp3w

Rough_Rock
Kim, thank you for your feedback. That was my biggest worry - unfortunately I think it is too late to cancel the order, but I believe there is return policy. In your eyes, is the blue very noticeable?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim, thank you for your feedback. That was my biggest worry - unfortunately I think it is too late to cancel the order, but I believe there is return policy. In your eyes, is the blue very noticeable?

No, and depending on how color-sensitive you are, you may not notice it in regular viewing. They have a good return policy either way.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I doubt you will notice any blue in this stone. Remember this is magnified quite a bit and its ever so slight. It's not even noted on the cert. I owned a stone with much stronger blue nuance and it never looked blue. I personally would wait to see how you feel when you get it. This looks like it is going to be a stunner.

pewpewp3w

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance Jax. Fingers crossed!

pewpewp3w

Rough_Rock
Update: Received the diamond today! I did not notice any blue tint when inspecting the stone, but when I took pictures to send to my girlfriend, there seems to a noticeable blue tint. I'm waiting for her to come home and we'll decide if this is a deal breaker or not.

00.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 61

pewpewp3w

Rough_Rock
Update: I originally planned on keeping the stone, but I'm started to have some reservations after it tested as moissanite on one of those pen testers. Based on what I read, these false negatives are caused by boron impurities that gives some HPHT stones the blue nuance.

@Kim N - I know this is a bit subjective, but do you think it's worth switching to the 2.59 stone you posted earlier?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Most of my lab diamonds test as Moissanite on those stupid pen testers. And they don't have blue nuance. Those testers are garbage tools. I just tell the jeweler taking in my project that its a lab diamond and they nod and we move on.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's really nice looking. I have a LGD with a slight gray nuance. I never feel any sort of negative way about it

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do see a blue tint in some of your photos. View the stone in all different lighting conditions (outdoor also) to see what you
think.

What color is the case on your phone (that may affect it too).

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes the camera picks up more color than what you see in person. It‘s also important to rule out reflected colors from the environment. There is a lot of grey and black in the background in the pictures that you shared. Put the diamond on a folded white piece of paper and take another look.

If the tint is due to reflected colors from the environment it wouldn’t help to switch to another D/E color diamond. In my experience actual body tint in D/E color labs with blue nuance is extremely minor at under 3 carats.

As a point of reference here’s a IGI graded 2.57 E, 4.12 F, and 2.62 faint blue G on white paper. All HPHT with blue nuance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I originally planned on keeping the stone, but I'm started to have some reservations after it tested as moissanite on one of those pen testers. Based on what I read, these false negatives are caused by boron impurities that gives some HPHT stones the blue nuance.

@Kim N - I know this is a bit subjective, but do you think it's worth switching to the 2.59 stone you posted earlier?

If it were me, I would exchange it, as I've found that things that bother me early on about a stone usually don't go away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results