shape
carat
color
clarity

Neil Lane Bridal Settings at Jared's

lolalane

Rough_Rock
Hi fellow PSers

Just wondering if anyone has seen the Neil Lane bridal range he has done for Kay's which I believe is also available as a setting only at Jared's?

I'm looking to reset my engagement ring for a number of reasons (it's quite a different design with a twisted band and basically after having it resized it doesn't quite look right not to mention we didn't think of matching wedding bands at the time!).

I came across this setting at Jared's from the Neil Lane line which caught my eye:

http://design.jared-diamonds.com/engagement-rings/neil-lane-bridal-settings/ring/item_476-6095.asp

Unfortunately I'm way down under in Australia so obviously haven't been able to see these in person and am curious as to whether it is as nice in person/quality etc.

Would appreciate any help! Also if you have any recommendations for online vendors that sell settings only to fit my current centre stone (a 0.758 round Lazare Kaplan) that would be great :)

Thanks a bundle

L

BHMom

Rough_Rock
I've never seen a Neil Lane ring before but if they're anything like the ones he showed on the last "Bachelor" they would be TDF. I think Jared's is considered a middle of the road jeweler here in the states. I think Neil Lane has a store here in Beverly Hills though have you tried contacting them directly?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've not seen the Neil Lane rings at Jared's in person. My guess is they are nice though but are probably cast making them more affordable than the high end line he sells. Several PS vendor's carry designer settings though, I'd check out www.Goodoldgold.com and www.pearlmansjewelers.com for large inventory's to look at. pearlmans has prices listed as well.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tried on some Neil Lane rings at Kay's and they had very poor quality diamonds in them. One of them had a center stone with the largest inclusion I've ever seen. It was visible right on top and took up about 1/4 of the 1 carat stone! There are some really beautiful styles but there is a reason the prices seem decent and it's because the diamond quality is poor.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw these the other day. I vote no.

Brian Gavin, Jewels by Erica Grace, Engagement Rings Direct, High Performance Diamonds and Steven Kirsch of TimelessJewelry.net will all be happy to make you a mounting for your diamond. Also Dimend Scassi if you mention Pricescope referred you.

They all have great websites with a ton of design options and some of them list prices for their designs.

Krae11

Rough_Rock
I saw them in person a couple weeks ago. They weren't bad by any means, but they definitely weren't what you think of when you hear the name Neil Lane. It's like all the designers who launch affordable lines through Target or H&M. Or, Vera Wang making a line of wedding dresses for David's Bridal. The quality isn't the same. My opinion only, but I'd rather work with one of the PS vendors than buying something (even with Neil Lane's name attached to it) from Jared or Kay.

lolalane

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input everyone :)

I figured as much that low quality Diamonds were the reason for the prices but I was hoping that as I already have a good centrestone that it would make a difference.....if the setting looks low quality too though then that kind of nips it in the bud I suppose. Back to the drawing board then!

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out (I would go with a local designer but after the alleged best jeweller in town already ruined my ring I'm a bit hesistant to say the least!).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you'll be happy you passed.

What's your budget and what is your style? And your finger size and preferred metal. Let's see if we can help you out!

lolalane

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy :)

I have silly tiny little child hands so I'm a size 4 (which is the main reason for all my resizing woes with my current ring, bless FI, but he didn't think of ring sizes and got me a 7 and from Singapore too so we couldn't just fly back over to the original jeweler).

Currently mine's 18k white gold but thinking of going to platinum as it's yellowed a bit though not sure if it's going to fit in our budget. Probably looking at $3000-$4000 and for a new engagement ring mounting and wedding band (hence why we're looking at sets really).

I like something vintage-esque...and particularly liked the Beverley K settings at Pearlmans especially the two below.....thoughts?

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/85PP1/

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/104PP1/

Oh to be decisive....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
The beverley k rings are lovely and they are an excellent value for their price point. Many pricescopers have rings by them and have been very happy. Many of the vendors here do offer a discount to pricescopers so make sure you tell whichever vendor you ultimately go with that you found them here :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1304514267|2911935 said:
The beverley k rings are lovely and they are an excellent value for their price point. Many pricescopers have rings by them and have been very happy. Many of the vendors here do offer a discount to pricescopers so make sure you tell whichever vendor you ultimately go with that you found them here :))

Beverly K has lovely designs and solid quality. They are a great choice. Ditto MsSalvo on the above. I love the ones you picked. This one is my favorite of the ones listed on the Pearlman's site: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/102PP1/7/

lolalane

Rough_Rock
Thanks gypsy and mrssalvo!

Julian has been so very helpful and it's down the the wire now with a Bev K v a Tacori. The amazing customer service at Pearlman's may just swing my vote!

Will post pics once the reset is done :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results