shape
carat
color
clarity

Neil Beaty - highly recommended

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Because Neil has done a couple of evaluations for me that I was quite pleased with, I thought it was time I said something nice here. Of course he does a good, detailed report and is thorough...that''s expected by the demanding Pricescope audience. He helped reinforce some things that I was seeing myself (e.g. fancy shape cut quality), and pointed out some issues in one case that I wasn''t aware of. One aspect of his work that made Neil stand out though was not only his willingness to spend time with me on the phone discussing results in great detail, but also the clarity of his advice - as effective and helpful as if I''d been sitting in the office with him. Also, his after-the-sale support has been good - I''ve needed to follow up more than once on some details that weren''t part of my original requests, and he''s stepped up and been quite helpful on this.

I think I remember being guilty of a little good-natured hazing when Neil first arrived here. However, I realized fairly quickly that I''d probably end up asking for his help at some point - over the last few years I think I''ve learned more from his posts than from any single contributor to the group. His years of bench experience are particularly relevant, and he gives consumers here very thorough, very detailed technical responses to their questions. He''s demonstrated a strong commitment to consumer education and to the Pricescope community.

Finally, and I don''t see folks emphasizing this as much as I think they should, I think it''s very cool that he''s decided to make the additional commitment to become an AGS Independent Certified Gemologist Appraiser, in addition to his GG and NAJA credentials. The AGS holds high standards and it''s not easy getting the title...doing so helps set Neil apart. He''s also shown here that he takes the "independent" part of this seriously by saying what he thinks even when it''s not quite the AGS party line.

Two thumbs up, and thanks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who?
oh that Denver dude.
Just kidding, glad you had a great experience.
36.gif
36.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that Neil''s a good doober. Smart, classy, cultured, good-looking, considerate, kind, compassionate...

Is that enough for 20 bucks Neil?

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 3:39:56 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood

Yeah, that Neil's a good doober. Smart, classy, cultured, good-looking, considerate, kind, compassionate...

Is that enough for 20 bucks Neil?
That is the most literal interpretation of "appraising the appraiser" I've seen.
31.gif

Nice post elmo - thank you for the thorough report. I'd second your vote of confidence for Neil any day, as I would for Messers Sherwood and Averbook too.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Elmo,

Thanks for the nice thoughts. I’m glad I could write some things that you found useful. It was a pleasure working with you. I look forward to seeing what you find next.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Given the high level of expertise of the regulars like Neil, Richard, Jeff, (and adding) Marty and Dave, in a way it''s like the killer stones that have become the norm around here...all too rare in the real world.

Something specific I forgot to mention was that Neil''s turnaround time was excellent on both occasions...time is money as they say, and until making a decision final I hate keeping someone''s stone any longer than necessary.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neil has been EXTREMELY helpful to me on this board. And always takes the time and care to answer questions thoughtfuly and concisely. And from my interactions with him off PS I''ve found him to be a man of integrity who takes the motto in his sig line to heart. Thank you Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results