carat
color
clarity

Neighbors raising my utilities

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1289188562|2758050 said:
MC|1289166351|2757796 said:
Grrr...now looks like I'll have to refrain from saying anything.

A few days back I was bringing in groceries and two individuals from the complex were outside talking and waved and we said hi. We'll, I had made a few trips out to my car and the second time out, one gave me a dirty look. Now, I've seen the other one twice and both times he glared at me and not waved back. Yesterday, other was outside and she made a weird comment to me about having gone to the grocery store two days in a row (which I do all the time!).

So...I'm on some sort of sh*t list among some of the people living here...for who knows what reason! Suddenly in the time span of me going upstairs to my apart and coming back out to unload the rest, they became mad. lol

This is just annoying. DH says to ignore him, but still gotta live here for 10 more months! Sigh!

MC, I actually don't know what your current living situation is. All I know is you moved yet again and you had some issues with your MIL before. I do know that I've LOST TRACK of how many times you moved and the reasons behind them. And every single place seemed to have some sort of issue - dirty looks from neighbors (I remember one didn't like the noise your boys made) and other drama.

At some point MC, you have to sit back and wonder if the common denominator in all this is you. Why would you neighbors give you stink eye for no reason? Or ARE they giving you stink eye? I don't know the situation, but all I know is that you've given moving companies lotsa mula! If your neighbors are not keen on you, then play nice, suck it up for 10 months and find somewhere with a LOT of land that you can put the house in the middle of....and keep the house small so your MIL can never stay over.

Good luck!

Yeah, I see your point. Not every place was drama though (just to clear that up)...we did move for other reasons such as less rental payments and/or more space. Too many reasons and locations, I know!

Oh well....will make due while we're here.

Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1289229726|2758291 said:
TravelingGal|1289188562|2758050 said:
MC|1289166351|2757796 said:
Grrr...now looks like I'll have to refrain from saying anything.

A few days back I was bringing in groceries and two individuals from the complex were outside talking and waved and we said hi. We'll, I had made a few trips out to my car and the second time out, one gave me a dirty look. Now, I've seen the other one twice and both times he glared at me and not waved back. Yesterday, other was outside and she made a weird comment to me about having gone to the grocery store two days in a row (which I do all the time!).

So...I'm on some sort of sh*t list among some of the people living here...for who knows what reason! Suddenly in the time span of me going upstairs to my apart and coming back out to unload the rest, they became mad. lol

This is just annoying. DH says to ignore him, but still gotta live here for 10 more months! Sigh!

MC, I actually don't know what your current living situation is. All I know is you moved yet again and you had some issues with your MIL before. I do know that I've LOST TRACK of how many times you moved and the reasons behind them. And every single place seemed to have some sort of issue - dirty looks from neighbors (I remember one didn't like the noise your boys made) and other drama.

At some point MC, you have to sit back and wonder if the common denominator in all this is you. Why would you neighbors give you stink eye for no reason? Or ARE they giving you stink eye? I don't know the situation, but all I know is that you've given moving companies lotsa mula! If your neighbors are not keen on you, then play nice, suck it up for 10 months and find somewhere with a LOT of land that you can put the house in the middle of....and keep the house small so your MIL can never stay over.

Good luck!

Yeah, I see your point. Not every place was drama though (just to clear that up)...we did move for other reasons such as less rental payments and/or more space. Too many reasons and locations, I know!

Oh well....will make due while we're here.

Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying MC...I do remember that for a couple, space was an issue (too much, then too little, I think? Or you wanted a backyard back or something).

I hope things workout and I hope I didn't sound harsh (although, admittedly, I was exasperated since it would be nice if you found a place that worked for you. ;)) ) Thanks for being a good sport about my post, and I'll check back in with you in 10 months to see what the new place is like! ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results