shape
carat
color
clarity

negotiating quote for custom ring?

cremebrulee

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a custom, micropave wedding band. I have a Durnell engagement ring (which I LOVE!). Unfortunately, a straight-sided wedding band will not sit flush with the ring, which is important to me and to my fiancé. We are also concerned that the micropave of the wedding band look to be of the same quality as the engagement ring.

We just got a quote back for a custom, platinum micropave band, and we are a little shocked. I have a few questions. First, are these types of things negotiable? Second, we are in NYC. Does anyone have a suggestion of a custom micropave designer we should try? Third, do custom quotes tend to vary a great deal?

Thanks so much!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm really not to familiar with custom pieces and negotiating prices.

Have you contacted IDjewelry. They do really nice work at a reasonable price.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Leon Mege is incredible with pave, if it's in your budget. I haven't used him but some many here have and his benchwork is AMAZING!! (amazing is being sung by a chorus of angels :cheeky: ) I very recently saw some pave work that a Pser had done by another vendor and it escapes right now, but I'll research it for you. I remember that she was very impressed and felt that the work rivaled Leon, it may have been High performance diamonds. Take a look at the show me your ring thread and see if any of the work there impresses you, most have links to their threads detailing all the rings info. Good Luck!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you could also try steven kirsch (timelessluxury). if you search him you should find several threads from pricescopers.

have you considered having durnell make the ring?

cremebrulee

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I did get a quote from Durnell, through the jeweler we got my engagement ring. When the jeweler told me Durnell's price, she said she thought it was far too high, and that she had a custom person who could do it much cheaper. The custom price she came back with wasn't much better.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
can you contact durnell directly?

if you want the pave work to match your engagement ring I would recommend a handmade piece. the two vendors mentioned in this thread who do handmade work are Leon Mege and Steven Kirsch. I would read up on both of them (a PS search will yield several results)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1308790579|2952434 said:
you could also try steven kirsch (timelessluxury). if you search him you should find several threads from pricescopers.

Thats who it was! Steven Kirsch!! How could I forget! :love: Yes, his work that I saw was stunning! was it yours slg47? gorgeous!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1308791878|2952452 said:
slg47|1308790579|2952434 said:

Thats who it was! Steven Kirsch!! How could I forget! :love: Yes, his work that I saw was stunning! was it yours slg47? gorgeous!! :appl:

haha no, sadly not mine :)

cremebrulee

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone!! I really appreciate your input!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Don't forget to check Victor Canera out as well. I love all the images of his work, and he seems less of a diva to work with than leon medge, and is apparently fairly reasonably priced and a fast worker.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1308793609|2952488 said:
Don't forget to check Victor Canera out as well. I love all the images of his work, and he seems less of a diva to work with than leon medge, and is apparently fairly reasonably priced and a fast worker.

I highly recommend Victor Canera. Super nice, reasonable prices, fast, and I hear he does phenomenal pave work. I am SO wanting to have him do a pave ring for me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd try contacting Durnell directly or going through Pearlmans who carry her rings and at the very least get quotes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results