shape
carat
color
clarity

Negotiating a Ring- Please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ekoehle

Rough_Rock
I have heard all the stories about how the jeweler has doubled or even tripled the price of the ring. So my question is. When you walk into a jewelry store the first thing the guy ask you is what is your budget. If you know that your budget is $5000, should you say that or should you say something more? Because if you say $5000 then he will show you rings that are priced in that range, but are really much less once you beat him down. Please let me know what you think on this matter!!!

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Rockdoc has some good points for doing this.

ekoehle

Rough_Rock
How can I get him?

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
check this out at http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4538
I hope it works if not just go to diamondtalk.com and do a search for price negotiation

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ekoehle,

I think it is still true for mall stores but there are many B&M stores where you can find prices comparable to internet.

Tony, we have good posts here too, you know

Check out these two threads concerning how to negotiate and what questions to ask. See Oldminer, StevL, Cut Nut and Rockdoc recommend:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-negotiate.677/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/b-m-vs-e-tailer.896/

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Let me try with the hyperlinks...

[/u][/u]

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry Leonid, your right Rockdoc among others gave good advice here too.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd suggest that you somewhat inflate the amount you "might" be able to afford by 10% to 20%. In this way you will be shown things that you most likely could actually purchase if you really do your homework and shop diligently. Also, prices on diamonds are very low on the internet compared to many retail stores. Only a few stores are willing or able to sell diamonds for very small profit margins.

Beware of highly overpriced mountings that are offered as a way of making up profits not being made on the main center diamond. It is much more difficult to get the mounting price correct than to shop the diamond price properly.

Once you have a good handle on what you'd like to buy, try the Pricescope search and see where the real prices lie for the diamond range you'd like. Then you will really know how to make a "deal"... It takes a little time and effort, but if you are going to spend thousands, you can also save thousands...:halo:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results