shape
carat
color
clarity

Negotiating a custom-made setting?

JTOUPS1214

Shiny_Rock
I know sometimes negotiating plays an important role in buying jewelry. I'm all about saving a buck, especially when I might throw $5K on a setting!! So I'm curious if it's common to negotiate with a jeweler on a custom made setting? (For example a popular jeweler you might see on this site quite often, or other popular companies!)

Thanks!

Ravinmad

Shiny_Rock
I havent done it myself, but I suggest saying you're looking to spend 3800 dollars and would like X and Y done, and see what their counter offer on price is. If you walk into a car dealership and say I wanna spend $5000 dollars on this truck, they will find you that truck and charge you $5000 for it even if they got it for $4100. I guess I'd say I'm looking for a X stone, 4c's info, in X material, X setting and was looking at spending X dollars, with that being 20-30% lower then what you really wish to spend.

custom work, CADD design, wax work ups, and such add to your specific labor charges and cost. I hope it all works out for you

Find something that you like close to your idea, and having it worked from that might save some of the design costs

Best of all, GOOD LUCK!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results