clarity

negative energy of antique pieces ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

thoughts ?
i mean it can't do any harm
i like the idea of giving my Whitby jet a salt water bath
i mean the stuff gets washed up on the beaches of Whitby so i see no harm

i certainly have no worry about my inherited pieces, my grandma, my great aunt and my mum loved me
i didn't know my great grandma but i have no reason to think she doesn't love me too
i certainly hope she would like what ive done to her wedding band (added 7 small saphires to represent my grandma and her siblings)

but my jet and a few other beads ive brought from trade me (NZ ebay)
the jet had been reworked (in a rather ugly fashion which im working on rectifying) but may well have been mourning jewlery origionally

i have read some spooky things on other threads around these here parts
i wouldn't say im a beleaver but i also acknowledge im not prepared to dismiss something just because i don't understand it

thoughts?
experiences ?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking the other day how it’s possible that whomever owed Sophia before me passed wearing her. (The ring is from 1930 or so.) I feel more positive vibes from my few antique pieces, although a little sad that they weren’t able to stay in the family of the original woman that was presented with the ring as a promise of a forever union with her beloved. So I feel like I want to treasure it for her as I hope she would want.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had one bad experience with a piece of jewelry, not counting the 18k band I lost in the backyard :nono:

For our tenth anniversary I upgraded to a 1.01 carat G color princess cut diamond in a platinum setting, it came with a matching band, bought from I Do, Now I Don’t. Well maybe it was coincidence but that started a downturn in our marriage that lasted a couple of years. We did pull through and are great now but man, that was a hellish time.

I sold the rings, took a loss on them but just wanted to be rid of them.

I think a name change is in order for that site, I propose “I did, But I Shouldn’t Have” sums up my experience anyway :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never felt any negative or positive energy attached to jewelry, gems, rocks or minerals. Maybe it's there, but I'm not sensitive to it!

me neither
i did this quizz thing in the woman's weekly once
its very unlikely I'll ever be haunted :lol-2: i don't even pick up on most vibes coming off the living :lol-2:

however i have a lot of weird dreams in this house
not horrible as such, but a lot where im with my mum and dad
its very unrestful
i just think its because i have a lot of mum's stuff here and also all my blue mountain pottery is very '70's :lol-2: probably just the power of suggestion so staying on the theme of said powers of suggestion :lol-2: i have a couple of dream catches i brought in Canada and some crystals to make rainbows in the window
im getting a rose quatz tree - it does no harm
of course a 2nd heat pump/ air con would probably nix the dreams too :lol-2: but this is very trational NZ and we turn the heating/ aircon off when we go to bed :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking the other day how it’s possible that whomever owed Sophia before me passed wearing her. (The ring is from 1930 or so.) I feel more positive vibes from my few antique pieces, although a little sad that they weren’t able to stay in the family of the original woman that was presented with the ring as a promise of a forever union with her beloved. So I feel like I want to treasure it for her as I hope she would want.

i think that's a lovelly way to think of it =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve had one bad experience with a piece of jewelry, not counting the 18k band I lost in the backyard :nono:

For our tenth anniversary I upgraded to a 1.01 carat G color princess cut diamond in a platinum setting, it came with a matching band, bought from I Do, Now I Don’t. Well maybe it was coincidence but that started a downturn in our marriage that lasted a couple of years. We did pull through and are great now but man, that was a hellish time.

I sold the rings, took a loss on them but just wanted to be rid of them.

I think a name change is in order for that site, I propose “I did, But I Shouldn’t Have” sums up my experience anyway :lol:

phew
glad you and your hubby boxed on until it came right again, that's a testament to both of you

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I have quite a few antique jewelry pieces and only had experiences with 2 pieces having maybe I guess you would call it an attachment. I cleansed them, first time it was my antique wedding band. As soon as I brought the band home I saw a woman shadow in my peripheral vision in the back of the house. It alarmed me but I grew up in houses that were haunted or maybe I’m just sensitive to spirits, but i cleanses with salt water and sage and left it in the sun and never saw the shadow lady again. Then during the pandemic I bought a Beautiful Victorian cuff bracelet, and as soon as I got it, I started having nightmares of a little girl( she was preteen age). I told my husband and he said that bracelet is pretty small it probably was for a little girl. The dreams were so really, it was intense. I’m not sure if it’s A coincidence or what. As soon as I cleansed it, no more nightmares. This is why I prefer to see jewelry in person before I buy it. Lol

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I look at Bella and think that whoever was her original owner must have been much loved and adored. I know that @missy, her previous owner, was and is.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this is along the same lines or not. I don't know about antique jewelry specifically but I do feel "negative energy" about things that were from people I either didn't like in the first place or had a falling out or breakup with. They seem like little reminders of bad memories so I get rid of them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this is along the same lines or not. I don't know about antique jewelry specifically but I do feel "negative energy" about things that were from people I either didn't like in the first place or had a falling out or breakup with. They seem like little reminders of bad memories so I get rid of them.
my sister had a major falling out with mum's brother's family around the time of the Christchurch earthquakes so she threw out her 21st watch they gave her and blamed the quakes so i get that

unfortunatly i have no 6th sence
so when the world tumbles down on top of me i have no inclination its going to happen

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
While the mass majority of my collection is second hand (because I love a great deal!), I believe only my platinum diamond watches and my OECs were originally owned by souls who probably aren't around anymore. Honestly, I've never considered any negative energy could come with them mostly because I love them so much and my positive energy overrides any negative. I also think if a soul is mad about me having them they need to take it out on whoever sold it to me! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like second hand anything personally, unless I know its history and provenance.

I can sense bad vibes, as happened on at least 2 occasions.

Once I walked into the mummy room in the British Museum on my first visit and felt uneasy right away.

Another time I went to view a house and felt bad vibes, and it turned out the owners are selling as they are splitting up.

DK :))

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
TBF - if I died and had to haunt something, I would definitely want to haunt my jewelry.

But the only negative feelings I get from jewelry is when I have an issue with the vendor who made it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like second hand anything personally, unless I know its history and provenance.

I can sense bad vibes, as happened on at least 2 occasions.

Once I walked into the mummy room in the British Museum on my first visit and felt uneasy right away.

Another time I went to view a house and felt bad vibes, and it turned out the owners are selling as they are splitting up.

DK :))

we have a mummy room in the Otago museum (in my home town of Dunedin)
i always felt sorry for her, they say she was a princess - imagine if someome went into St George's chapel or Westminster Abbey and started randomly digging up the Queen's ancestors ? and shipped them off to the otherside of the world all alone for people to gwalk at :(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results