shape
carat
color
clarity

Needing help deciding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayteekc

Rough_Rock
I''m a newbie and I''ve got it pretty much narrowed down to 2 stones. Prices are pretty close, just looking for some advice:

#1.GIA/AGS
Shape: Round
Carat: 0.90
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 57.8
Table: 60.3
Crown Angle: 33.1
Crown %: 12.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.5
Pavilion %: 42.5
Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.38-6.40X3.69

AGS Proportion Grade: 2
HCA score: 1.3 VG/EX/EX/EX

OR

#2.GIA/AGS
Shape: Round
Carat: 0.90
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 59.4
Table: 57.5
Crown Angle: 33.1
Crown %: 13.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.3
Pavilion %: 42.2
Girdle: Medium Faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.28-6.33X3.73

AGS Proportion Grade: 1
HCA score: 1.2 VG/EX/EX/EX

I was leaning toward the first stone, because I thought it should look a bit bigger, however I havent seen either(I am ordering online).

I just have a few questions:

#1. They should both be great cuts, arent they(2nd is listed as Ideal)? Also, if you notice the table size is greater than the depth on the first. Is that OK?
#2. Should I really be concerned about the Polish? Is Good, good enough or should I go min. of VG?
#3. Do you think I can really notice the difference between a F and G stone?

Thank you for any help!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like #1. It should be a big bigger up top and appear whiter to your eye. It's also a color grade better if you are looking for that.
1.gif
Both stones should be lovely....depends on what your priorities are. But I like size when combined with other great elements.
1.gif

adamas

Rough_Rock
on spec without seeing, number 2 should have the better show, show being a balance of white and dispersed light. Number 1 is a tad thin, on the crown, with a tad larger table. Normally this results in a greater return of white light, and less of dispersed. Even with these numbers it would be considered good-good average cut.
Unless the stones were side by side there will not be much difference. As always many variables are at work and you can not go just on spec.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Unless you had both diamonds side by side, the average person wouldn't see either a size difference or a color difference. Most people aren't sensitive enough to choose one over another in adjacent colors such as F/G or G/H. And, once mounted, .1mm is a negligible size difference.

Neither one is truly an Ideal make. Both should perform nicely as evidenced by the HCA scores. In this case, it would really come down to your eye and which diamond appeals to you. Numbers are great for screening to weed out the dogs, but then it comes down to the individual, their performance preferences, and the personality of the diamond.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results