shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your prayers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Pricescope friends,

I would so appreciate it if you could please pray for my cat, Teddy. I had to rush him to the vet this morning and he is suffering from kidney failure. The prognosis doesn''t look good. They are trying to stabilize him, but don''t have much hope they will be able to. If you could pray for my little guy I would be so grateful, he needs all the help he can get and he is only 7 years old. If you could pray too for strength and courage for myself and my Husband too, that would also be very much appreciated. Due to his work, we can''t be together at this time, nor will be able to for a while. As many of you know, our cats are our babies and we are in a lot of pain, please keep us in your thoughts.

Thanks to you all and God bless you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much storm.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this. I hate to hear of an animal suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Mokey

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, dear.

Lorelei, I''m SO SORRY to hear this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Teddy...

widget

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your kitty, Lorelei. Only 7! I really hope and pray that he gets better. Hang in there!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei.....I'm praying for you both right now.

This is absolutely heart-breaking.....I'm keeping Teddy in my thoughts.

{{hugs}} from your friend Blod
8.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Will be thinking of you guys...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your cat Lorelei. Here''s hoping he makes a miraculous recovery.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Storm, Mokey, Monarch, Widget, Blod and NJC, your thoughts and prayers are a huge comfort to me. I am waiting to call the vet at 4.00 UK time , in about half an hour, to see how he is doing. I am hoping he has made it through the afternoon as no news is good news. I had to decide whether to contact my poor Husband as he is away right now and decided that it would be best not to keep it from him. The poor guy is absolutely heartbroken and I feel worse for him than I do for myself. It never gets any easier whenever a beloved companion gets sick. It is the shock too from having a healthy and happy cat just 4 short days ago. I am just praying for a miracle, but I know that I might have to decide to make the hardest decision that any pet owner can face.

Sundial and Mine, thank you both.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so so sorry Lorilei.

I can not imagine loosing my boy...
7.gif
. Prayers sent to Teddy...I hope he makes a full recovery.
17.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Caribou. I have just spoken to the vet and he is a little brighter, has been to the toilet and is looking around him, the IV has perked him up a bit. I am not jumping for joy as I know it is the fluids making him feel better but the news could have been a lot worse so far. At least that he is more interested in his surroundings is a big improvement on earlier, if he feels a little better maybe he will fight harder.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and suppport, it is such a comfort to me.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lorelei, you, your husband, Teddy, and the rest of the kitty family have my prayers. I am so sorry
39.gif
I know how your cats are your babies and how much you love them. And Teddy knows that too
1.gif

Please keep us updated.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rascal. This is so hard...... I am happy he has made it through the afternoon and is comfortable, but as I say I know it is the fluids that are making the difference. The vet will be calling me in a couple of hours to let me know how he is doing. It seems that he might have a disease which can affect some Persians called polycystic kidney disease. This can be carried from one parent who has the gene and show up in their offspring at around Teddy''s age of 7 on average, although this can vary. I am trying to learn what I can about it, there is no cure but it seems with luck the disease can be managed for a time if the kidneys have some function left. I just hope if we get a definite diagnosis of PKD that if we can stabilize him, I can give him a couple of months more of quality life so that my Husband gets the chance to see him again. Teddy is so much his boy and this is breaking his heart. To see them cuddled up together when Hubby is on the computer is so adorable. I just pray I am given this chance to buy him some happy and comfortable time.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am so very very very sorry. my cats are my babies and i know what you are going through. good thoughts being sent your way.

movie zombie

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
my dear lorelei..
i can''t imagine how hard this must be right now. you are all in my prayers.
emrainbow.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my brit fg
35.gif

sorry to hear this
7.gif
My thoughts and prayers are with Teddy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Lorelei, Portia sends Teddy some puppy kisses (if he''ll accept them from a dawg!)..I hope he gets better soon.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ, Mara, DF and Belle, thank you. He is hanging in there, they catheterized him and emptied his bladder and he has made some more urine which is a plus. They are going to try him with some food shortly, but whether he will eat or not..... The nurse in charge of him is going to make a special effort to check on him through the night for me, which will help me to rest a little easier, I am so grateful to her for this.

I am also so grateful to you all too, your prayers and kind words have helped me more than you will ever know, I don't feel quite so alone, thankyou.

Mara I know Teddy would love Portia's kisses, he is quite the ladies cat, even with lady dogs!
3.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Healing and transforming God, your love knows no boundaries, and in your sight every life is precious; look with compassion on Teddy, and make us your agents of healing in a broken world. Amen.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
more prayers heading Teddy''s way
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MB and Mrssalvo, thank you and that was beautiful MB. I thank God too for you guys who are helping me so much, my baby boy and my Husband.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Lorelei,
I am sooo sorry to hear this. I will be praying for your precious Teddy. I know how much he means to you. Hang in there, and keep us posted. {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}
12.gif
Lisa

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sending lots of positive thoughts your way...and Chloe is sending some kitty licks. I''m so sorry this is happening. I hope Teddy pulls through.

A few years ago Chloe started losing weight, not eating, crying....nobody at the vet could figure it out...finally did a scan..she had huge kidney stones. We had them removed and she''s been fine and thriving ever since...but on a special diet for kitties with kidney issues. I hope Teddy pulls through like Chloe did. Hugs.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, FG and Virginia thanks so much. I am sitting here waiting for the vet to call to give me an update on my little guy and thank heavens for PS and you all
36.gif
I am hopeful he will make it through the night and that it is something we can deal with like stones rather than PKD, which there is no cure for. It just seems so unfair that it had to happen while my poor Husband is away. This keeps happening to us, my Father got very sick while DH was away, thankfully he got home just in time before he died, I had to have another cat pts a few years ago while he was away again, another one with terminal cancer, and now this.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lorelei, I never thought I would say something like this, but I sure hope it is kidney stones (or anything cureable)! You, your husband, and Teddy don''t deserve all this pain.

Still thinking of you and your family...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
My sweet Lorelei, sorry i did not see this thread earlier but from now on you and Teddy are in my thoughts.

Hugs
irina

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this. You''re in my thoughts and prayers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rascal, Irina and Blenheim thank you. The latest is that he isn''t as good as he was earlier, but he has eaten two tiny pieces of food, but he is very quiet and depressed. I am hoping he is just resting and isn''t taking a turn for the worse. I just pray he makes it through the night and that it was just moving him to the other surgery 15 miles away, how I wish I could be with him. I bet he feels the same way and I just can''t bear to imagine he might be thinking I have abandoned him. I miss him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results