shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your opinons on which diamond to choose!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

googies

Rough_Rock
Ok,

I have been searching and searching for the past few weeks. I''m not sure if I should go with the ACA H&A or Ideal Cut, both from WhiteFlash. It will be set in a 4 prong Tiffany style platinum setting. I am going with 3/4 ct now as Fiance would like to upgrade diamond in the future so not sure if we should spend the extra $$ on the H&A now. I input the numbers into HCA and it says they are both Excellent in every category expect "Spread" = very good.

Thanks!!!
28.gif

$2720 (Pricescope Price says $2584)
Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.743
. Depth %: 60.5
. Table %: 55
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.5
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.8
. Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 5.88-5.91X3.57
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

$2195 (Pricescope Price says $2129)
Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 0.754
. Depth %: 61.4
. Table %: 57
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.2
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 5.83-5.86X5.89
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What color and clarity are these stones?

googies

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 2:52:44 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
What color and clarity are these stones?
I''m sorry! I thought I put it on there.

They are both H SI2

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whichever one is cleaner. After that, whichever one is cheaper.

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
I'd have to disagree with getting the one that's cleaner in most cases. Because anything VS2 and above you will need a magnifying glass (or often a microscope) to see the difference. SI1 inclusions usually aren't visible to the naked eye either. The type of inclusion may be more important: some larger (SI) feathers or twining wisps or irregular graining I'd avoid if you can. Black inclusions are obviously worse than white inclusions.

My preference is for something that is higher in color, although anything above an F (or for many people a G) won't be noticeable either. And the top one looks like it has a better cut, which can make a difference. But is it enough of a difference to pay the extra money?

googies

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 3:49:54 PM
Author: JulieN
Whichever one is cleaner. After that, whichever one is cheaper.

Thanks. I am waiting to hear back from someone at WF to tell me if the H&A H SI2 is "eye-clean" or not. Seems like a nice SI2, but they are going to double check.

I also found this I am going to ask about. Its a G SI1. Its a couple hundred more $$, but may be worth it.

0.747 ct G SI1 A Cut Above H&A
. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.747
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 57.5
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 14.9
. Star : 51
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 5.81-5.84X3.57
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
If you put a G next to an I or J there will be a pretty noticeable difference, not so much with an H though. SI1 or SI2 won't make a difference as long as it's eye-clean. As I said above, some inclusions are more preferable to others though. AGS-0 is as good a cut as you can get.

googies

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 4:06:09 PM
Author: shiatsu
If you put a G next to an I or J there will be a pretty noticeable difference, not so much with an H though. SI1 or SI2 won''t make a difference as long as it''s eye-clean. As I said above, some inclusions are more preferable to others though. AGS-0 is as good a cut as you can get.
Thanks. That clarifies things for me a lot. I have learned so much from everyone here on pricescope. I think its the only site I go to anymore since we decided to get engaged. haha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results