shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your opinion to make decision!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
Hello, some of you may remember me from my quest to find the perfect colored-gem e-ring for less than $500 (a price dictated by my girlfriend, who I later convinced to go up to $600.)
More background: my girlfriend wears ring size 7.25 and so wanted a bigger stone or, anyway, a substantial setting. We both like the anitque look.

Anyway, I think I have found the vendor, the center stone, and the setting. Iv''e decided to go with a well-respected PS colored gem cutter and jeweler (I''ll give his name out when I''ve ordered the piece and whatnot) who very honest with me about prices. He found a darker colored blue sapphire that he will recut to make brighter and nicer into an 8x6 oval, which will then be flanked by two white sapphire pears and set into this setting (thrid row, forth over... sorry the site is hard to navigate).

But now that all I have to do is hear from my family about a possible heirloom piece and then, if that doesn''t go through (which I don''t think it will), place my final order, I''m second guessing myself, not about the stone or the vendor, but about the setting.

Would anyone be willing to browse around the adwar site and tell me which settings they prefer? Remember, this will be for a 8X6 oval darker-but-well-cut sapphire to go on a 7.25 finger. We wanted to do sidestones in order to make it look more substantial on her fingers. We like pave, but the labor on every stone set drives the price up (for good reason!), and with this $600 limit, it doesn''t seem worth it.

Note: I know I''m not going to be getting a $6,000 ring for $600. I am confident, however, that I am going to be getting the best possible ring for $600. Please do not write back to tell me that should just get a lab-created gem or go way up on my price or anything like that. I DON''T WANT TO HEAR IT! I am educated buyer, and I trust that I am getting a dark sapphire that will be well-cut in a quality setting. I am asking about opinions on the STYLE of SETTINGS. That is all.
11.gif
26.gif
Sorry to be a bit blunt, but, well....
17.gif
Forgive me!

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
p.s., I know that any responses will be your personal opinion, but that is what I am looking for! A second, third, forth, fifth, twentieth opinion!

By the way, sorry the site is so hard to navigate. It''s set up to wholesale to the trade! I appreciate anyone who takes a look!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I like the setting you have picked out. A few jitters are normal, but jsut go for if it seems like something you like. Have you been to any store to try on styles to see what looks good on her finger?

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
We have been to stores... Ones that are oval and set north-south look good on her. It elongates her finger a bit.

Thank you SO MUCH for the input.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Seems like you have made a good choice.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know exactly who you are going to get it from and you wont be disappointed.
A well cut darker stone can be real nice.
I like ones that look dark but not to dark then when you get them into brighter light they spring to life with rich color.
You will see what im talking about when you get the ring :}

You will be getting a lot of ring for your money he is one of the best for bang for the buck rings.

beginswithT

Rough_Rock
Yeah, strmdr, I am excited. I definitely feel that I have made a great choice as far as the vendor is concerned. I look forward to posting all the details when the process is complete. For some reason, I am not entirely comfortable discussing the details yet, but I am sure that plenty of people know who I am talking about.

Thanks for your replies! What I less confident is my own taste in settings. I guess others seem to like it well enough, so maybe I''m not that far off. :) Like I said, I am waiting to get the word on a family ring before placing the order, so I thought I''d use this time to ask for input on the style itself.

Thanks again, all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results