carat
color
clarity

Need your opinion on this WF stone

Audreyxcalvin

Rough_Rock
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3980388.htm

Hi,
Please need your thoughts on this diamond that I put on hold until tomorrow. Link above.
Thank you.

WF rep’s message below.
Quote:
It's a beautiful and bright white diamond with tons of life and fantastic edge to edge performance. While I was able to see the inclusions with a 10x loupe I was very hard pressed to see them at 6 inches as is noted by our team. I had to know just where to look and even then had to rock it back and forth very slowly to have the facet light up just right. This is nothing I'd say is super evident. 1AC5EE4D-0F9F-4DC3-B6E5-4FF0CA27F86F.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a gorgeous diamond. I don’t think you’d normally see the inclusions, it depends on your eyesight and lighting. I don’t think they’d be obvious at all.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks absolutely beautiful!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone. High CA, high crown, small table, it will be a fire ball. Plus eyeclean SI1 may not be easy to find, I will be confident for vendor like WF.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone. :cool2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d buy it!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd def buy that

Audreyxcalvin

Rough_Rock
It scored 0.8 HCA
What’s that mean in terms of performance/brilliance?
My G is 1.8 HCA

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It scored 0.8 HCA
What’s that mean in terms of performance/brilliance?
My G is 1.8 HCA

In general, there is no difference between difference HCA "scores" under 2. So 1.8 isn't any "better" or "worse" than 1.1. HOWEVER, some people think that stones between 1-2 are best for rings, because sometimes stones under 1 on the HCA can "darken" when people get close up to the stone (which everyone does for rings). So for that reason some people like stones between 0-1 for earrings/pendants, and stones between 1-2 for rings. But others just think everything under 2 is "accept" (pending IS and ASET). THAT SAID, HCA really isn't that useful for AGS graded stones, because AGS grading is more strict than GIA, so an AGS 000 is going to be well cut. HCA is especially not important for super-ideal stones like ACA.

Long story short: don't worry about HCA for ACA or other super-ideals.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, your G is a FIC stone (high crown angle) but as others have said, HCA under 2 is all good. You are looking at an ideal cut stone where AGS report, ASET and IS images supersede HCA. It as a lovely stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results