shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help on a diamond please!

madaboutsparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

totally new to the diamond world and am trying to procure one for my now girlfriend (hopefully future wife) and wanted to ask the diamond experts about the below one based on the specs; What do you guys think? I think what she will like is something that has a beautiful sparkle, won't look dull/ milky/oily:

cert-jpeg.864831

Thanks!

Attachments

• cert.jpeg
    cert.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 29

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The comment “clarity based on internal graining not shown” means the diamond very like has transparency issues, especially in an SI1 with a clean plot and nothing listed under the Clarity Characteristics.

madaboutsparkles

Rough_Rock
Hmm I see. I might just hold off on that one. I knew was a bit too good to be true..

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
The comment “clarity based on internal graining not shown” means the diamond very like has transparency issues, especially in an SI1 with a clean plot and nothing listed under the Clarity Characteristics.

Agree with this! Avoid stones with comments like clarity based on internal graining or clouds not shown especially in lower clarity grades because it is likely to be hazy.

Unless she is very color sensitive, I would suggest considering up to G or even H to find a well cut stone with a good balance of size, color and clarity for your budget.

madaboutsparkles

Rough_Rock
You guys totally saved me. Thank you!
Am looking at others but was focusing on GIA cert diamonds, this one is AGS. Are their diamond grading ok / same standard or better?

One I saw seemed alright..what do you guys think? Capture.JPG

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
You guys totally saved me. Thank you!
Am looking at others but was focusing on GIA cert diamonds, this one is AGS. Are their diamond grading ok / same standard or better?

One I saw seemed alright..what do you guys think? Capture.JPG

AGS is a well respected lab. G VS2 is a great combo and this stone looks good and will perform better than the vast majority of stones put there.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
AGS is a highly regarded lab and is actually more stringent when it comes to grading cut than GIA. Sometimes GIA is more strict with grading color compared with AGS but not always. Both are well regarded labs.

The one you posted is from WF's Expert Selection range. The actual ASET of the stone that WF provides (as opposed to the computer generated one on cert) look decent but there may be better WF ACAs you can consider within your budget. We can have a look and suggest some options too if you let us know your criteria and budge.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
When you see an AGS report that has "Triple Zero" (their best grading category) listed for all three cut grade criteria (light performance, polish, and symmetry), it's usually going to outperform about 60% of GIA triple excellent diamonds since AGS has a much stricter set of standards for the various combinations of pavilion angle, crown angle, and table size.
The angles and proportions of that 1.016 G VS2 are gorgeous.
I do see some edge/girdle clouding, so make sure that they don't lead to making the edges look a little dull/hazy and boring.

madaboutsparkles

Rough_Rock
AGS is a highly regarded lab and is actually more stringent when it comes to grading cut than GIA. Sometimes GIA is more strict with grading color compared with AGS but not always. Both are well regarded labs.

The one you posted is from WF's Expert Selection range. The actual ASET of the stone that WF provides (as opposed to the computer generated one on cert) look decent but there may be better WF ACAs you can consider within your budget. We can have a look and suggest some options too if you let us know your criteria and budge.

Thanks for letting me know.
my budget is around $7k, best is Color grade d-g, definitely eye clean diamond, min 1 carat and above with great sparkle so she’ll say yes haha. Let me know if you have any suggestions?

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for letting me know.
my budget is around $7k, best is Color grade d-g, definitely eye clean diamond, min 1 carat and above with great sparkle so she’ll say yes haha. Let me know if you have any suggestions?

The cut of diamond is the key to great sparkle! So here are a few options around 7k-ish from the signature ranges of super ideal vendors offering the best of the best cuts:

I threw in the last one from WF even though it is 0.91ct because it is a beautiful high clarity diamond. Being a super ideal H&A stone, it will look a nice size and in fact be larger than many poorly cut 1ct on the market (cutters have the incentive to manipulate the cutting process to achieve the 1ct mark to sell at a premium) . So I personally feel that it is still worth considering.

All of these are noted as being eye clean. The BGD stone has some darker inclusions in the highly magnified video, so you may want to double check with them to see at what viewing distance that it will still be totally eye clean to be sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results