shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Your Help! Looking for setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I''m looking for a pre-made simple solitare setting. I want a four prong solitare setting with no frills, in 18K or Platinum. No U or X Prongs. Most importantly, I want it to be set VERY LOW. Not bezel set, but a very low setting. I''d ultimately like the band to be domed and not too think or too thin.

Budget is $1200 or less.

The ring has to be already made, as time is of importance.

Thanks for your help!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
What are the dimensions of the stone? What shape stone?

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Knoxjewelers.biz has a bunch of beautiful four prong settings in your budget. Most of the settings are listed in white gold, but they can make them in platinum.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love this one from Dimend Scaasi

dimendscaasisolitaire00001.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
they have 10% off right now too, so the plat is just over 1200.

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
I really like this one. I wonder if I can find something similar from a retailer in NYC... anyone know?

Thanks for all your help!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:05:30 PM
Author: shimmer
I love this one from Dimend Scaasi

this is delicious!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the Dimend Scassi setting! I bet they can overnight it to you (or better yet, your diamond vendor) if it''s a stock setting.

Excel is in the nyc diamond district, and they have a sort of similar setting, but I must say I prefer the Dimend Scaasi one, based on your criteria.

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
Will check out Excel. I called Dimend, which is in Chicago, and the woman I spoke to was not very friendly. She was pretty hesitate about whether they would sell me a setting without a diamond. I didn''t even think this would be an issue given they setup of their website. Strange.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, that''s odd. Perhaps try calling again, and speaking to another rep, or a manager. I''d be surprised if they didn''t sell settings separately.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Dimend Scaasi is also an Infinity dealer, so you could get a fantastic Infinity diamond there and wouldn't have to worry about buying the setting separately. I couldn't tell from your posts whether you have the stone yet or not. But I LOVE that setting at first sight!

ETA: No idea what your budget for the stone and desired size, color, and clarity are, but this looks like a nice start.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results