shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED YOUR HELP for the 2.5 to 3.0 carat diamond I am about to purchase! Please check out my questio

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heiny10

Rough_Rock

I''ve just talked to my jeweler and have some questions to bounce off of all of you....

He was telling me that sometimes a larger table is more appealing to the eye. He was recommending a 60-62% table on a 2.66 carat diamond. He also told me that sometimes flouresence helps the diamond look whiter, since the diamond color is measured from the side.

Is all of this accurate?

Thanks,

Pete

P.S. I am looking for a 2.5 to 3.0 carat diamond. I am confused and now have a time limit to purchase something before X-mas like everyone else! :) What measurements should I look out for?

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock

Oh, no, no, no, no,!!!! don''t believe the hype!! I believe this is called a "spread cut stone" and it does nothing for the brilliance of the stone which is most important!!! Cut is the most important thing. And I learned that here on pricescope. Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable folks here at pricescope will pipe in and give you some guidelines.

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
In answer to your other questions, Flor can make a stone look whiter ex: Med. Blue. especially helpful with lower color grades I, J. And I thought color was measured from the top........somebody help us here!! lol

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

A larger table *can* be attractive, but I wouldn''t bet on it. 62%?!?

Color is graded from the bottom, with the stone upside down. Fluor *can* make a stone look whiter, but only if it''s strong enough and, of course, if a stone if warmer to begin with.

LuvthatSparkle

Shiny_Rock
And here I am thinking color is graded from the top!
20.gif
Thank you Hest!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 7:46:43 PM
Author: windowshopper
what shape?????//

Round brilliant, WS
1.gif

Heiny, did you read the PS tutorial? There''s a section on table size.
35.gif

desibuyer

Rough_Rock
wrong post. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results