shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your expertise advice for a 1ct. beauty

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christianato

Rough_Rock
Hi there!
I have been looking following diamond, I am not an expert but am loving this proportions at what I think, a very good price.
Can you give me your expert advice if this diamond is what a beautiful woman deserves? I want to mount it in a platinum 4 prongs ring.

It is a H&A round brilliant, with GIA certificate, also GemPrint and OGI report (this really shows how well cut the stone is!). These are the figures:

GIA
Diameter: 6.51 - 6.53 x 3.96 mm
Weight: 1,03
Depth: 60,7%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: None
Polish: excellent
Symmetry: Very good
Clarity: VS2 (3 small feathers upside, 2 small feather from down)
Color: F
Fluorescence: None

OGI-Measurements Average Min. Max.
Diamteter: 6,53 6,51 6,54
Total Depth: 60,8%
Table size: 55.5% 55.3% 55.8%
Crown height: 15.1% 14.9% 15.3%
Crown angle: 34,5 34,3 34,8
Pavillion depth: 42.8% 42.6% 42.9%
Pavillion angle: 40,6 40,5 40,7
Girdle thickness: 1.4% 1.1% 1.6%

Culet off: 0,1%
Table off: 0,2%

the price is $6.700

How is the stone? is that an ideal cut in your eyes? how is the figures "Avg. Min and Max"? Can I be on the safe side that this is a good stone?

thanks for your advice and help in this very important decision for me!!!

Christian

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds very pretty!!!
lickout.gif

Are you able ot get an IdealScope image?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting that the table figures are off between the GIA and the Sarin.

55.5% and 57%?

Interesting also is that Symmetry is only VG. Thought for a 'true' H&A it had to be EX? Maybe not...experts are you out there?
1.gif

Though I ran both #'s through the HCA and they both are under 1.0 on the EX scale, with EX EX EX VG. Even with the max and min #'s on the crown and pav angles, still 1.0 or under.

Pretty neat!
1.gif
Do you have any images? From the numbers it looks like it'd be really lovely!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'm of the opinion that a true superideal H&A should be ex/ex or id/id... But this one looks great even though it's ex/vg. It should be a real ball of fire!
A 1% difference between the lab report measurrments and those given by the OGI is common and nothing to worry about. Also, 55.5% would be listed as 56% so the difference is really minor...
1.gif

Christianato

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara for your info, thanks Giangi for your explanation, now I feel relieved.

The difference in table between GIA and OIG is 1.5% though, from 57% in the GIA to 55.5% avg in the OIG, is that still ok?

Concerning the Symmetry, the cutter told me, they were themselves surprised when got the GIA back and they really couldn´t find why and where the stone got the "VG" in Symmetry. Their cuts are ideal, and that is what I wanted to ask you the experts out there. For me it is more important to have a beatutiful shiny stone with an ideal cut (though "only" a VG in the GIA report) and an astonished fiancée, than worrying abobut this only measure when all the rest is perfect.
I think this diamond has life inside.

the diamond I described before was my first option. The second, although it is "excellent" in Symmetry in the GIA (not like the first), didn´t convince me. I still prefer the first one. But if you could help me, here are both, the one I like more (just because of guts feeling because I am not the expert (although going to be slowly, he he) and the second option. Judge by yourselves. The decision is in your hands... :

1)First Option 1,03 F VS2, posted yesterday:
GIA
Diameter: 6.51 - 6.53 x 3.96 mm
Weight: 1,03
Symmetry: Very good
Clarity: VS2 (3 small feathers upside, 2 small feather from down)

OGI-Measurements Average Min. Max.
Diamteter: 6,53 6,51 6,54
Table size: 55.5% 55.3% 55.8%
Crown height: 15.1% 14.9% 15.3%
Crown angle: 34,5 34,3 34,8
Pavillion depth: 42.8% 42.6% 42.9%
Pavillion angle: 40,6 40,5 40,7
Girdle thickness: 1.4% 1.1% 1.6%

Culet off: 0,1%
Table off: 0,2%

the price is $6.700

2) the second option (not OGI but Sarin)

GIA
Diameter: 6.51 - 6.54 x 3.96 mm
Weight: 1,01
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS2
Comments: Clouds are not shown

Sarin-Measurements Average Min. Max.
Diamteter: 6,52 6,50 6,53
Depth: 3,96
Table size: 56.1% 55.8% 56.3%
Crown height: 15.0% 14.9% 15.2%
Crown angle: 34,4 34,1 34,5
Girdle Bezel: 2.8% 2.6% 3.0%
Girdle Halves: 3.0% 2.8% 3.2%
Girdle min: 1.2% 1.0% 1.4%
Pavillion depth: 43.0% 42.9% 43.1%
Pavillion angle: 40,7 40,7 40,8

Culet off: 0,2%
Table off: 0,3%

the price is also $6.700

I see practically no difference and therefore tended for the first.

Thanks for your input,

Christian Infante-Richter

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the difference is 1.5%, but my point is that GIA uses a rounded percentage, so it may very well be let's say 56.6%, but listed as 57%. Anyway, it's no big deal.
1.gif

About the very good symmetry... Again, it's no big deal and actually the difference between excellent and v.good is really small and visible only under high magnification.

I prefer stone #1. And you too.
''That's all that matters I think this diamond has life inside. The second, although it is "excellent" in Symmetry in the GIA (not like the first), didn´t convince me. I still prefer the first one. But if you could help me, here are both, the one I like more (just because of guts feeling because I am not the expert (although going to be slowly, he he) and the second option''
You said it. That's it... You like number one (which BTW looks super), so get it. Don't let this gorgeous stone pass you by. Stone #2 is really pretty too, but the first one just looks better to me.
1.gif

Let us know what you end up getting!
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The # differences between 1 and 2 are very minimal, its interesting that you note you loved 1 but did not tend towards 2. To me that says it all as well. If 1 was a dog from the #'s and 2 was a superstar, but 1 to you looked better--that may be a little more confusing.
1.gif
But the numbers look excellent on both stones. So gut feel is the way to go IMO.

The HCA scoring was excellent as well. The VG symm is not a deal breaker because you loved the way the stone looked IMO. Some people *have* to have the EX EX or to them it's not a real superideal, etc. You seem to have your priorities straight, the stone looks good to you, and its a price you feel comfortable with. The numbers just back up your gut feel. They are also the same diameters so its not as though you are losing any visual size.

Congrats on a discriminating eye and what is sure to be a very lovely stone! Would love to see pictures and please post your vendor experience (if it's an online vendor) when you are completed!
1.gif
These are lovely stones...
rodent.gif

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results