shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your expert opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

virtue

Rough_Rock
Hi,First, I would like to thank Garry and friends for this very informative and valuable site. I wish I had come across your web site much earlier.After reading the info on your site, I am very interested in hearing your expert opinions on one of my diamonds. It looks beautiful to my novice eyes. However, reading by the book, I am concerned that the stone's 63% table might have significant effects on its brilliance, fire, and sparkle. The stone was bought last year and at this point, I have no way to tell since I don't have the Sarin report of its crown and pavillion angles.Based on the diamond specs, would you experts be able to give your opinions on this diamond? I very much appreciate your comments. Thanks much again.Lab: GIA
Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat Weight: 1.50
Color: D
Clarity: IFMeasurements: 7.34 - 7.39 x 4.41mm
Depth: 59.9%
Table: 63%
Crown:
Pavillion:
Girdle: SlightlyThick to Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Lab Comments: minor details of polish are not shown Price: $19200.00

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Virtue, thanks
smile.gif
Although diamonds with large table have less brilliance and fire ( see e.g. www.cutstudy.com/cut/english/podrobno_2.htm ) it might be less important than wrong proportions (angles). Your diamond is not deep at all and has an excellent spread - looks larger for it's weight. It does have a good chance to have good crown and pavilion angles and 2.5 (Very Good) HCA score.The only big problem for this table size is that if pavilion angle is too shallow, (less than 40.3 degree) you might see a fish-eye (reflection of the girdle under the table) when you tilt the diamond a little. Could you see it? If not - no worries, you've got lovely diamond.
smile.gif
However, should you really be curious about this diamond, you might consider getting Sarin or Megascope measurements that are not expensive at all or check it with "ideal-scope" ( www.ideal-scope.com ).

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leonid is right there is a good chance you stone scores 'very good' on HCA, especially if you can not see a fish eye.I am happy to sell such stones because they have a great spread.
garry

virtue

Rough_Rock
Hi Leonid,Thank you for your reply. It's very comforting. I don't think the diamond has a fish eye, but will try to find out the crown and pavilion angles and make sure anyway. Thanks again.Virtue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results