shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your expert opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Basileia

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I''m new to the site and looking for a rock for an engagement ring.

Today I put a deposit down on this particular rock.
Let me know what you guys think.

GIA Cert
Depth: 60%
Table: 62%
Medium to Slight Thick
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Color: G
Carat: 1.71
Clarity: VS2
Florecense: Strong Blue

The Jewler wants $10,500 . Is this a fair deal???

Thanks alot guys
confused.gif
confused.gif

Basileia

Rough_Rock
FYI, Above is a Round Rock.

Basileia

Rough_Rock
ANYONE?!?!?!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Basileia, welcome to the forum
1.gif
----------------
The Jewler wants $10,500 . Is this a fair deal???
----------------
Based on the numbers, price doesn't sound too bad.
1.gif
Are you buying it in a local store?

.[/u]

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi basileia,

if you do some homework on this forum, you'll see that we need more info from you. the big ones are the crown and pavilion angles. this will determine how well the diamond is cut and therefore how much light will probably reflect back to you. cut is the most important thing so please keep that in mind as you do your homework and shopping.

noticed that this is a GIA certified diamond. you won't find the crown and pavilion angles on the cert. GIA doesn't grade cut. you need to ask for something called a Sarin report. this will give you a lot more information about the diamond.

from the numbers you were able to provide, this diamond looks like it may fall into the infamous 60/60 zone (your table and depth numbers). this may or may not be a good thing. once upon a time this was thought to be the ideal but that has long been proven wrong...not that this diamond might be a dud...but 60/60 diamonds are no longer the "ideal" numbers to look for.

try to find out more info if you can. if you can't, continue your shopping. this is not enough info to plunk down $10K on. once you get more info, post it here and some of the great people on the forum will help you out. lots of experts lurk here so rest assured you'll be getting the straight poop.

good luck!

Basileia

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks alot guys,

I'll try to get more detailed information from the guy tomorrow.
wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results