shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your expert opinion on another diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondNovice20

Rough_Rock
Hi.

I've been looking around the local jewellers, and came upon this diamond. Can you experts take a look at it, and tell me if you think it's worth the money? I'd much much appreciate it.

Carat: 96 pt
Cut: AGS000
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Table: 57%
Depth: 61.2%
Crown Angle: 35.1 dg
Crown Height: 14.9%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8 dg
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Measurements: 6.35-6.39x3.90
Girdle: Faceted 0.9% to 1.9%
FL: none
Culet: Pointed
Price: $4,800
HCA: 1.8

For comparison, I've also shown another diamond that I'm considering. Please let me know which one you think is a better buy.

Carat: 92 pt
Cut: AGS000
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown Angle: 35 dg
Crown Height: 15.3%
Pavilion Angle: 40.7 dg
Pavilion Depth: 42.8%
Measurements: 6.24-6.29x3.87
Girdle:
FL: none
Culet: Pointed
Price: $3,915
HCA: 1.2

The first diamond is gonna probably break my bank, but I'm also able to get a good deal on wedding set (wedding bands, engagement ring, setting) to tolerate it.

Thank you very much for your help.

P.S. Forgot to mention one thing. The first diamond (96 point) has a very strong heart and arrow pattern, the jeweller let me use their H&A Scope to view it. However, it's not marked as H&A. I haven't seen the second diamond yet, will probably see it next week and bring my ideal-scope with me.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both stones seem very nice, and probably indistingishable. You can (have?) see these side by side, right? I strongly believe that the second (the G) is the 'best buy' here. As long as there is no huge blob for all to see in it... I woudl just look at light return and inclusions at this point to tell them apart - ane the F better be '25% better' at doing either of them !

Does the 'good deal' on extras count signifficantly to level up the price difference? If both rings will cost the same in the end.. the discussion may as well become purely theoretical.

Just my 0.2, of course.

And one example... in-between:

1ct G-SI2, $4.5k, HCA 1.1
It seems taht 0.9 to 1 ct stones have vanished! except for Jonathan's restocking... Oh well.

DiamondNovice20

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your help.

I just found out that the second diamond is no longer available. I'm wondering if the first diamond is a good buy by itself.

Anyone else care to comment?

Thanks.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
That's a hefty price difference.

Just for comparison purposes,.... Here's and AGS2. 092 ct, F, VS1. Scores 1.5, Vg/Ex/Ex/Ex for $3851, Price Scope price. The table is just a touch over the limit. 58.9% as opposed to 58%. Polish is good and symmetry is very good.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-13013718#

Unless you are pressed for time,..... You might wait a bit. Contact some Vendors and see if they can source a stone for you. Drop the color and clarity to get a comparable size in the same price range.

Good Old Gold has a 1.022, I, SI2, brokered H&A stone listed.
0 (H&A)
1.4-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg
34.9°
40.8°
AGS
1.2-1.7
pt
id
id
no
$3919

Since you've been looking, you probably already know your color preference. If I doesn't work for you, then I completely understand.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results