Votes: 1 100.0%

• Other?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So some of you guys may remember my thread about my friend''s engagement ring I was trying to sell for him. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/friends-3-stone-modified-radiant-ring.88878/

So, here''s how that whole story ended. My friend wanted a certain amount for it, and without a GIA cert, I told him it would be impossible to get. My sister, who is getting married in June (and met her fiance at my wedding) tried it on, and decided she liked it, and because they''re on really limited funds, her fiance offered his motorcycle to my friend, and the deal was done!

I''m going to buy their wedding bands as my gift to them, so, my question to you ladies is - what kind of wedding band would you like with this setting? The ring I''m wearing in the pics of it is my 2 mm pipe cut band - I think it needs at least 3 mm to look substantial enough with this setting, but the pipe cut is in last place right now.

I have a few choices, but she''s totally open to options under around $300 or so!
1.gif

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

Wedding band options:

Option 1: 2.5mm 14K White Gold Heavy Wedding Band, Domed and Comfort-fit
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89715.html

Option 2: 3mm 14K White Gold Heavy Wedding Band, Domed and Comfort-fit
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89717.html

Option 3: 3mm 14K White Gold Wedding Band, Milgrain Edges and Comfort-fit
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89690.html

Option 4: 3mm 14K White Gold Wedding Band, Flat and Comfort-fit
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product89707.html\

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the 4th option most of all. I like the simple flat band because it''s different for a plain band. It has character, more so than the domed band which is fairly common. The e-ring is more modern in its design, and in my opinion doesn''t lend itself to milgrain of the third band. Plus, flat mens bands are very cool, a matching set would be lovely!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I chose the 4th band as well. I''d stay away from milgrain if the e-ring does not have milgrain.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I think the 2nd band would look great. 3mm is substantial enough to wear on its own and I feel the dome shape will match the shank of the e-ring best.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 8:03:27 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I prefer the 4th option most of all. I like the simple flat band because it''s different for a plain band. It has character, more so than the domed band which is fairly common. The e-ring is more modern in its design, and in my opinion doesn''t lend itself to milgrain of the third band. Plus, flat mens bands are very cool, a matching set would be lovely!

ITA...I voted the same too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2009 8:49:49 PM
Author: chiquitapet
I think the 2nd band would look great. 3mm is substantial enough to wear on its own and I feel the dome shape will match the shank of the e-ring best.
Ditto. I think #2 goes the best with the e-ring shank.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I like number 2, but I am biased because I am choosing 3 mm domed for my own wedding band. That is a gorgeous engagement ring!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your input everyone - it''s helping her make a decision!

Here''s a pic of it with my 3 sided pave band with miligrain, which is where the miligrain idea came from.

original.aspx

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Hey Lauren, I chose option 3, with milgrain, because I love this combination (Diamond*Dana''s band, I hope she doesn''t mind! I love it!):

diamonddanasband2324.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
And here it is alone:

diamonddanaalone.jpg

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I chose #3,the domed with the milgrain...I think it adds a nice touch and looks great on its own too...but if she likes the plain band, #2 is my second choice, because the domed band will look nice with the domed e-ring band too! Congratulations to your sister Lauren! She ended up with a beautiful ring! And it''s so nice of you to give her the band as a gift!
36.gif
Sisters are the best!
21.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think the look of the ring with the band in the three photos is really classic, so I voted 3mm pipe cut.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, don''t mind at all summertime
5.gif

I would chose 2 or 3 with her e-ring.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the 2.5 mm domed. It''s a nice size to wear on it''s own but would be just that little bit wider than the one in the photo with her engagement ring.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A word of caution with a domed w/ring .... the e/ring may not sit next to it well. Also if you change your e/ring at any future date, it''s more difficult to sit with a domed ring. I''ve got a flat band (like #4) and can wear it with nearly all of my rings and the rings either fit up next to it or sit slightly on top.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 1:10:20 PM
Author: summertime
Hey Lauren, I chose option 3, with milgrain, because I love this combination (Diamond*Dana''s band, I hope she doesn''t mind! I love it!):
Thanks, Summertime! I absolutely love Diamond*Dana''s band with her 3 stone, which is ultimately the reason it''s in the running.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to give everyone an update since you all were so kind as to vote!

My sister saw Diamond*Dana''s set and decided she LOVED it!!!!! So, I just ordered a 3 mm miligrain for her this afternoon! I can''t wait to see it with her 3 stone cushion!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Great choice! I voted originally for the 2.5 comfort fit domed band, but I LOVE the milgrain one too, especially after seeing Dana''s set. Its going to be gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great choice!!! Can''t wait to see it!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for #1 because I have a 3mm domed comfort fit and often wish I had gone for a 2mm or 2.5mm. I like stacking my rings and I have extremely short and small fingers so 3mm takes up a lot of finger real estate. It depends on your sister''s fingers and how she plans to wear her rings.

That said, I think it''s a really sweet thing to buy their wedding bands for your sister and FBIL
1.gif

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring, very nice I voted for 2, my opinion it is perfect just plain.
21.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 7:08:38 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I just wanted to give everyone an update since you all were so kind as to vote!

My sister saw Diamond*Dana''s set and decided she LOVED it!!!!! So, I just ordered a 3 mm miligrain for her this afternoon! I can''t wait to see it with her 3 stone cushion!
It''s going to be gorgeous, Lauren. You are so sweet to do this for your sister. I still love the story of them meeting at your wedding, so sweet
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2009 9:04:51 PM
Author: Dani
Great choice! I voted originally for the 2.5 comfort fit domed band, but I LOVE the milgrain one too, especially after seeing Dana''s set. Its going to be gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Aw, I am so happy that she found something that she liked!
I look forward to seeing some pictures!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sounds perfect
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sounds beautiful, can''t wait for her handshots
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results