shape
carat
color
clarity

need value of 1.52 ct, color j, si2 diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
I am in need of some assistance on how much a 1.52 ct, color j, si2 brilliant cut diamond is worth ? My jeweler wishes to purhcase this back from me and issue me a credit at his store b/c I purchased a larger stone. I realize its not the market value number but what is reasonable?
thanks
Lee
10.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Use the Pricescope your diamond feature at the top of the page to get an idea of what stones of that size color and clarity are going for.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, the PS search engine can assist but there will be a high and low max/min and then a range...depending on the cut quality of your stone and also who certed it , aka GIA or EGL ...EGL stones take a pretty large discount at times.

Depending on cut I''d say that maybe around ~$7k would be fair market value for a well-cut 1.5 J SI2 if it''s eye-clean and graded by a reputable lab.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
HI Leeann,
We''ll need more info- once we know if it''s got a GIA report confirming the grade- once we determine if a GIA exists, then a ballpark figure is possible.

I''d say your jeweler is being quite magnamous- normally, in a case like this, your existing stone would have been figured into the price if the new diamond- it''s unusual that they''d want to buy it back now, after they''ve sold you a stone already.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results